Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to get another form creator working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to get another form creator working.

Please download this free form creator and get it working on our Voda servers.
    Go here http://www.quask.com
    and download here the free version which is great.
    http://www.quask.com/en/download_formartist.asp

Once you get it running just go to the drop down menus and pick DEPLOYMENT PROFILES under Deploy...2 over from the FILE drop down
    Now create a new profile, I can get it working through the testing it does right to the end where it emails you a sample......this is where it doesn't work for me. I get no emails!!

If you get it working , Please let me know.

Paul

Re: Trying to get another form creator working.

Paul-

What is wrong with creating the forms on BV? If you are having troubles- try viewing the form video tutorials or try this other one;

http://netisopen.com/computer/TF001/T001.html

These should contain all you need to do a php mailto form complete with
    thank you page.

Post back after giving it a try.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks, but you have to send the email to your own voda email. I want to send to an external email like Yahoo.
      This program blows away anything you 've seen with forms. Check it out.
      Could you try and see if you can get this working with this program.

Paul

Comment

Quask, as well as other well known form generators, will not work with SMTP authentication. They just use the simple mail () php function. Since Voda servers require SMTP authentication (to avoid spammers) these programs will not work.

The only way to have the email sent to an external email adress as well as to have an autoresponder embedded in the script, is to use SMTP authentication. A script that does that is the one that i have posted in the Tips and Trics section of the Forum, in the "Tell a Friend" post.
        I'm sure that Andy will soon create a Video Tutorial to explain how this can be done.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

or.....
          if you want to use the same script as in Andy's tutorial and you want to receive the form submision to your external yahoo email, you can create vodahost email and create forward email in control panel to your yahoo email. so when the client click submit, the result will be forwarded to your yahoo email
          Nyoman

Comment

Nyoman and Naveldesign,

I was not aware that the php mailto had to go to a the e-mail at BV (Horde or Squirrel Mail) as currently mine is going my g-mail account.
            I will point it to my BV e-mail and forward it to my g-mail account.

I will also make this clear in the tutorial.

Always something to learn!

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

The thing is it doesn't even send an email to my blue voda email.
              In addition on the last step of the program it has a bunch of this SMTP stuff to customise, maybe one of you could look at that and see if it could work.

Paul

Comment

Andy,
                means your script is also working for external email ??, honestly i never check that script. if it is working just go for that, because i didn't see the different. my suggestion above only for the case if that script doesn't work for external email

Paul
                wil be much easier if you could post your script and your page so we can take a look
                Nyoman

Comment

Nyoman-
                  I was wondering that myself- what would it matter. In fact- I posted the question in forms to see if someone could explain.

Anyway- I used the script in the tutorial;
                  http://netisopen.com/computer/TF001/T001.html

and you can view the page to see the source code here;

http://netisopen.com/contact.php

Let me know what you think as a few people have used the tutorial and I am betting not many routed it to their BV mail account. It has worked since day one going to my g-mail account.

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

The only way (at least that i know of) that this script could have worked with an external email address, would be if Vodahost by mistake has forgotten the mail() function on that server enabled, or Vodahost has changed policy and now has mail () function enabled on their servers. But i suppose this is simple to verify: i'll change my script to an external email and see. Andy, there is no way we can see the source code of your php page. We can only see the html part of it. So if you want, just upload it here. Also If i remember well, at the beggining, your tutorial had specific instructions about using the Vodahost email .
                    Navaldesign
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naveldesign,
                      Well- if you find out about this (i.e- change policy, forgot etc...) let me know. Also- if yours worked to an outside address let me know that too.

In your response to ?Spammers- it appears that it would be a prudent thing to do any way.

As always- thanks

Andy
                      PS- it is not included in the tutorial by when I come back from vacation I will put it in.
                      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

A simple description of SMTP authentication from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMTP-AUTH
                        SMTP-AUTH

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
                        SMTP-AUTH extends SMTP (the Internet e-mail transmission protocol) to include an authentication step through which the client effectively logs in to the mail server during the process of sending mail. Servers which support SMTP-AUTH can usually be configured to require clients to use this extension, ensuring the true identity of the sender is known. SMTP-AUTH is defined in RFC 2554.
                        [edit]

Overview

SMTP-AUTH provides an access control mechanism. It can be used to allow legitimate users to relay mail while denying relay service to unauthorized users, such as spammers. It does not guarantee the authenticity of either the SMTP envelope sender or the RFC 2822 "From:" header. For example, spoofing, in which one sender masquerades as someone else, is possible even with SMTP-AUTH.
                        The SMTP-AUTH extension also allows one mail server to indicate to another that the sender has been authenticated when relaying mail. In general this requires the recipient server to trust the sending server, meaning this aspect of SMTP-AUTH is rarely used in the Internet. The recipient of an e-mail message cannot tell whether the sender was authenticated, so use of SMTP-AUTH is only a very partial solution to the problem of spam.
                        While SMTP-AUTH is generally a security improvement over unauthenticated SMTP, it can also introduce a weakness. If authenticated users are allowed to submit messages from IP addresses where unauthenticated users are not — that is, if authenticated users are allowed to relay mail — then an attacker who subverts one user's account is then able to use the authenticated server as an open mail relay. Thus, in such a configuration, every user's password becomes a key to the mail system's security. Spammers have attacked SMTP-AUTH mail servers by wardialing common usernames and passwords. To protect the system against relaying, all users must be required to have strong passwords.
                        [edit]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More on SMTP authentication: http://www.fehcom.de/qmail/smtpauth.html

For a quick refference:

SMTP Authentication is a scheme which was introduced in 1999 by J. Meyers of Netscape Communications and finally released as RFC 2554 ("SMTP Service Extension for Authentication"). It is partly based on the SMTP Service Extensions as defined in RFC 1869. Most modern SMTP implementations support SMTP Authentication, whereas Qmail 1.03 does not (without a patch). On the other hand, a lot of Mail User Agents (MUAs) - which include a SMTP Client - make SMTP Authentication available (e.g. Outlook, Eudora, Netscape, Mozilla, The Bat! ....).
                        SMTP Authentication is advertised by the SMTP Authentication server, requires a client to authenticate, while finally both parties have to mutually accept and support the chosen authentication procedure. Originally invented as a Host-to-Host protocol, with SMTP Authentication, a User has to identify itself and after successful authentication, reception/transmission of his/her emails is granted.
                        RFC 2554 does not explicitly state, what advantages/benefits a user has being SMTP authenticated, except that optionally a "security layer" for subsequent protocol interactions may be chosen. However, in common sense, an authenticated user is allowed for email transmission not only to the target system (the SMTP server) but rather anywhere. In Qmail terminology, this is equivalent to a 'relayclient'.
                        SMTP Authentication takes some ideas of the Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) and does not fit well into the SMTP scheme, as will be outlined in this document.

The part in red, makes clear that an authenticated user can send emails anywhere, not only on the same SMTP server. Viceversa, a NON authenticated user, CANNOT send emails outside the same SMTP server. That is why i can't understand why Vodahost ns5/6 and ns9/10 can send emails ( i checked it, they can) even to external emails, whilst ns3/4 cannot. I'm working on it.
                        Last edited by navaldesign; 04-16-2006, 08:26 AM.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

naval and andy128
                          I have been using my Yahoo external email from day 1 and it works just fine.
                          I have not used sq or horde yet........
                          Have fun
                          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                          Newbies / Beginners Forum
                          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

As you can see, i have already found out that external emails will work on ns5/6 and 9/10, whilst they don't work on ns3/4. I don't know the reason. From the aboe post, it becomes obvious thet IT SHOULD NOT WORK.
                            Don't know about the rest of Vodahost servers as i don't have accounts on them.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                            X