Change of font after publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of font after publishing

Hi there I seem to have a serious porblem. When I created my sites I have put my text in bimini. After publishing my sites and seeing them online with my home computer they are still in bimini text. I have been told by someone who was not using the home computer that my text is not in bimini but ariel.

Basically if my websites text is in ariel it will look rubbish and may explain why no one is buying anything on my site. Do you know why this could be happening and could you also look at this site to see if this is true.

http://www.baublesbanglesbeads.co.uk/

If it is true what can I do about it?

Re: Change of font after publishing

Some fonts are not Windows Standard, so if a visitor has Bimini in his computer he will be able to see it, otherwise IE will default it to the default font, which in this case was Arial. That's why most serious companies use arial or Times new Roman or Verdana or, in any case, Windows Standard Fonts. In my computer, your site is in Times new Roman
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok thanks for the help I am considering using Comics sans font instead. This font works on every window version except windows 95 and windows NT.

I would think I could get away with using Comics sans because I would like to think that most peoples computers wont be as old as windows 95 that means their computer would be more than 10 years old! Do you know how old windows NT is?

Comment

Ok windows NT dates back to 1994 right?

Comment

Originally posted by Africanus
          Ok windows NT dates back to 1994 right?
          Correct.
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
          X