This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing to Subdomain (fail)

Sorry if this seems like a repost but my other thread was closed.

Upon learning that I am supposed to publish to my subdomain using the folder destination: public_html/domain.com/subdomain.com/

As well as tried the public_html/domain.com/subdomain/
    and
    public_html/domain/subdomain/

Neither work and I get an "Error: 550 Can't change directory to <this directory>: No such file or directory"

-----------------------
    Right now I'm publishing to my subdomain using what I saw as the root directory, "public_html/subdomain/" and for the moment it is working. But if anyone can tell me what is it that's wrong?? Perhaps new changes in BV that changed this rule of publishing?

((OLD POST - For information))
    Editha

Website 1
    Website 2

Re: Publishing to Subdomain (fail)

Hi, Is it a sub-domain ( e.g. waffles.example.com )that you are creating or an add-on domain? - Have you created your sub-domains using your cPanel? This procedure creates the directories (folders) in your cPanel to publish your sub-domain files to. Please see this tutorial on creating sub domains ... Thanks,

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Sub-Domains are created in cPanel, and do not have a ".com" extension, and unless they were properly created according to the Tutorials, you instead are inadvertantly creating and Publishing to a Sub-Directory instead.

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Well I did read/watch the tutorials and even after that I use the search forum thing at the bottom of the site to try and find people with similar problems. But anyhoo, yes I did watch the tutorial but I'll go through my procedure below to possibly figure out what was wrong?

Well I went to Cpanel, scrolled down and went to the "Domains" section. Clicked on "Subdomains" with the three "www" world pictures. From there in the "Create a subdomain" section I entered "help-japan" in the "Subdomain" textarea before the ".edithatrz.com" drop down menu.

And...

Under the "Modify a subdomain" I can see my subdomain(s) [only one at the moment] that shows "help-japan" under subdomains and the root domain (housepicture/public_html/help-japan/)

---------------------
        From here, have I done anything wrong? I hope any of the information helps.

My subdomain's url is http://help-japan.edithatrz.com
        Editha

Website 1
        Website 2

Comment

Hi,
          http://help-japan.edithatrz.com/ - Looks good to me!
          Thanks,

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ah everything looks published right, I was just wondering. Since I'm publishing my subdomain files/pages in the folder public_html/help-japan/ that is, from what I've gained, the "add-on domain" form. How would I publish an add-on domain? Or am I just trying to dodge the same folder names?
            Editha

Website 1
            Website 2

Comment

I had a situation where I had some domains and I'll call them

when you set up an addon domain it creates a folder ie mywebsite and you obviously can't have 3 folders called website. So during the set up of each of these, I called the first one website, the 2nd one website2 and the third one website3.

So yes you are folder dodging..lol
              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
              X