Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embedding a photo gallery

Hey,

I'm brand new to BlueVoda but really impressed with what I've seen so far. I've drawn a basic template for my website (unpublished as of yet) and I'm really keen to embed a funky photo gallery (not using the BlueVoda Photo gallery or lightbox options).

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Would I be using the Flash, JavaScript, HTML options? Ive seen some good gallery examples online eg http://www.flashxml.net/galleries/ but wouldn't even know where to begin to get one of these onto my site.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Embedding a photo gallery

OK, I actually think I'm trying to run before I crawl with this.

I've had a little play around with the LightBox feature and it looks better than I thought. The only issue I have now is that when I click on a thumbnail to view the photo (using LightBox) the photo appears HUGE on the screen and I need to use both the up & down scrollbar to the right and left & right scrollbar at the bottom to see the photo. Any ideas as to how the photo can simply appear smaller when the thumbnail is pressed?

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by joem73 View Post
      OK, I actually think I'm trying to run before I crawl with this.

I've had a little play around with the LightBox feature and it looks better than I thought. The only issue I have now is that when I click on a thumbnail to view the photo (using LightBox) the photo appears HUGE on the screen and I need to use both the up & down scrollbar to the right and left & right scrollbar at the bottom to see the photo. Any ideas as to how the photo can simply appear smaller when the thumbnail is pressed?

Thanks again
      Yep...resize your photos to the desired size first. Use something like this http://www.vodahost.com/web-hosting-pix-resizer/
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

@DarrenC

I actually figured it out, but thanks very much for your help. I'll try out the link you sent me to see if it's better than using Picasa as I am currently doing.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
        X