?spammers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?spammers

What is the difference if the php mailto form is sent directly to an external mail or one that is on the server if it is forwarded anyway? How does that prevent spamming?

Additionally- how would one take advantage of my form to spam?

Just wanted to educate myself to the particulars.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Re: ?spammers

Sending emails within the same server, (as when you send emails from your own Vodahost email account to another Vodahost email accouinr on the same server) overides the smtp authentication. It will even work between ALL vodahost servers. To send to an external account, SMTP requires username and password, so it is obvious that no spammer can use your account to send emails unless he has your loggin info.

It is not your form that they can use to send spam. Username and password generate an Abuse header included in the emails, so if YOU send spam, you can be easily tracked and your account suspended. You see, most of the spam is coming from email addresses that have been stolen or tracked by robots. So f.e. i can send spam with YOUR email address. But if this spam does not contain this abuse header relevant to your account, it can be easily proven that it has not been you that sent this spam.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X