This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing form results

I am new at this and I can't seem to find a simple answer anywhere on your forum. I am presently in the process of building an approximately 300 page review website. On about 95% of my pages I am going to post a form that gives the reader a chance to give his/her review. The reviews will be sent to an email address which I will make sure there isn't any problems with that review such as profanity or viruses etc.
    Now to post that review back on to the site seems to be somewhat of a problem to me. I would like to be able to have a partially filled out answer sheet/page or something to be completed and then posted to that particular page.
    I don't think that I can make a word document on my computer to fill out and transfer to BV. I also don't see how I can make something in BV's files to upload to that page unless it is a picture.
    The only way that I can see is to repeatedly say the same thing over and over a multitude of times which will be extremely time consuming.
    Is there a way I am able to make some kind of a fill in the blank form as a template.
    It would sure make my life a lot easier.
    Remember I am new and simple is the answer.
    Ken

Re: Publishing form results

If you intend to use BlueVoda as the foundation to your website, you have 2 options:
    1. Create an email FORM (a re-usable form on a single page) that individuals fill out and submit for editorial review, from which you then Copy + Paste onto your BlueVoda pages manually;
    2. Use ABVFP to create a database-driven system to not only collect submissions, but to assimilate them in a format to make publishing them manually easier.

In either case, manual publishing is required of "approved" matter.

Instead of using BlueVoda as a foundation, you may wish to install Wordpress and customize it to however you wish it to "look and feel" as Wordpress has built-in features such as language filters, Member/User Logon and "comments" that can be User-edited and then held (in Admin's pending folder) for review prior to publishing to the appropriate position, and more.

It is simply a matter of thinking your processses out completely, and committing to a manner of administration you are comfortable using perpetually.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank You sir I really appreciate your help. I am definitely a copy and paste kind of guy and I like your first option. Now how do I go about making that form ? I am assuming use your form wizard like I did for the for the product review.
      The part that I do not know how to do is have it so that I can copy and paste. Where do I put this form so that it is accessible through BV. This is what is stumping me right now. I am sure that there is an easy solution but being a newbie I do not understand.
      Ken

Comment

You should design your "Form"/page with any requirement you determine appropriate according to the simple to follow outlines detailed in the Tutorial. It is completely up to you what to include on your Form, how to lay it out, and what you might require from each submission.

TUTORIAL: Create an eMail Form From Scratch
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X