Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video for mobile devices (ipad ****** andriod)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video for mobile devices (ipad ****** andriod)

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know how to add a MP4 (H.264 encoded) video to a page?

Objective:

I am creating a page of of our website that has a video in it only accessible by mobile users. The mobile app building tool I am using allows you to link the page into the app. anotherwords if some one clicks on video it will pull in the link. However, if i use the quicktime component it does not show the mp4 file.

Any idea how to do this. Has to stay in the H.264 format so it will play on cross platforms.

Thank

Mark

Re: Video for mobile devices (ipad ****** andriod)

QuickTime is worthless, IMO.

You have really only 2 options to keep videos accessible to mobile devices, including most DROID formatted devices (let alone universal web display):
    1. Update your own Windows Media Player to v. 10 or 11 so it too will play MP4 (and offer the same to Visitors via a link to the download page), if the device or system is Windows-based or "enabled";
    2. Download and install on your system RealPlayer (which plays most formats, including MP4 and VOB) and offer the same option to download to Visitors by providing a link. The lesser choice would to use FinalPlayer.

In any event, you will still use the BlueVoda Windows Media Box on your BV Page and properly add the URL/link to the uploaded file in your account. Keep in mind the design parameters required for MOBI sites to present maximum efficiency of your link formatting within an omnibus web page design.
    MORE MOBI INFO HERE

Of course, you could always do a Google Search for one of the many free video conversion tools that will convert your MP4 video to either AVI or WMV without the annoying watermarking (like WinX, for example) and thus avoid all the hassle of wondering how many people you miss viewing a less-than-universal format on whatever system they use.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X