PDA

View Full Version : smart people needed here

darrbaby
04-15-2006, 12:32 AM
cant figure out why i have a directory on my home page
goto www.onlinethrifties.com (http://www.onlinethrifties.com) then you will see what i mean
now the smart peson can click on softbizscriptnew on my main page
and tell me what i am doing wrong please help

thanks for your wisdom darren d.

racefan20
04-15-2006, 01:00 AM
You have a directory because your main page should be saved and published as index - no more and no less.

On the other, you have a problem with at least one database. Hang tight and someone who understands the errors better than I do will be able to help.

darrbaby
04-15-2006, 01:28 AM
shoud i change public_html to index_html then?

racefan20
04-15-2006, 01:34 AM
No! LOL Just save your main page as index and publish it to your public_html folder.

Nyoman
04-15-2006, 01:34 AM
you need to create a page called index and then publish to public_html

Nyoman
04-15-2006, 01:35 AM
sorry race i didn't see you

racefan20
04-15-2006, 01:39 AM
sorry race i didn't see you

No worries, Nyoman. Two answers are better than none.

darrbaby
04-15-2006, 02:39 AM
apaently im an idiot should that be index or index_html or index.html
or ??? i feel quite lame right now plz help

Nyoman
04-15-2006, 02:56 AM
if you are using Bluevoda save your page as index then when you publish the html extension will be added automatically. so just save your page as index without anythingelse

Nyoman
04-15-2006, 03:12 AM
seem like that you want to install b2bsoftbiz script in your root directory right? if yes you need to upload all the file of that script to your public_html and then follow next instuction which is come with the script

darrbaby
04-15-2006, 03:24 AM
the script is in bluevoda in blueftp listed as index in public_html still no love from it do they make a slow torture device i can use on it?

Nyoman
04-15-2006, 03:38 AM
you need to upload all the file direct to public_html ,don't be confuse, what you are doing now that you upload all the file to the folder called index, that is not correct. first you need to open in your local computer the folder of that script, you will see many file such as php.file, images etc and then you upload it one by one to public_html or you can upload all in once by selecting all file and upload to public_html

VodaHost
04-15-2006, 06:27 AM
Please click the below to learn how to name your pages...

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt2/custom_bluevoda_namingpages.htm

darrbaby
04-15-2006, 02:53 PM
ok i watched most of the vid's already i have a script that i bought
i have set the passwords how can i get that entire script onto my
blue voda web builder page index everthing i try doesnt work for me

thanks guys/gals?

navaldesign
04-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Scripts ARE NOT to get inside your index page. You must upload the script to your site. i reccomend that you DO NOT install it in the root directory (public_html) but create a separate directory in your site, called f.e. "softbiz" and then install the script there. These scripts USUALLY but not always have their own initial page, which is USUALLY called "index.php". To link your Bluevoda index page to the script index.php page, just create a link to your BV index page, that will get your visitors to the initial page of the script. The link should be like this: http://www.yourdomain.com/softbiz/ if you install the script in the "softbiz" folder. If you install it in your root directory, the link from your home page to the script will look like www.yourdomain.com/index.php (http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php)

Of course, these are guesses, since i cannot be sure that your script has indeed it's first page called "index.php". But 99% i'm correct

navaldesign
04-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Please also note that if you want your site to consist only of the softbiz pages, and you don't want to have any other pages, then you can simply install the script in your root directory, and let the script's "index.php" page be also your homepage. In that case you should not publish any BV "index" page

darrbaby
04-16-2006, 03:22 AM
ok they want 20 bucks to install it thats peanuts i want to undestand what they did ...... anyone want 20 bucks to install it and teach me somthing tell me and itd done

daren d. thanks

navaldesign
04-16-2006, 07:14 AM
I suppose that you have instructions, so it should not be that hard. Every script consists of a number of files. Many scripts also require one or more databases. Some have an installation wizard that will do the installation (as the Fantastico does) once you have uploaded all the files on your server. I can't know what is your case.

Ayway, experience is something that comes with time. If you need to be up and running soon, just give them the $20 and then get all the time you need to figure it out. Wyou will also have the help of seeing the content of your site and this will help you understand easier.