Server upgrade and FTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server upgrade and FTP

Since moving to the new server I am unable to access FTP via Internet Explorer bar eg.entering ftp://nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/
    I get error 421 ( "Cant change directory to /var/ftp/ [/]" ) in Windows Explorer also.
    Does anyone have any ideas.
    Music was my first love & It will be my last

http://www.firstlovemusic.co.uk

Re: Server upgrade and FTP

Is all the information in your FTP connect window pointed in the correct direction. Check to make sure your server IP address is correct and is the one voda host has assigned you. Go to News in this forum and look up your Voda # , click and read the post, get the right IP address.
    Dave Van De Cappelle
    www.aSimpleLife.ca
    www.TheAlternativeSolution.ca

Comment

Thanks,
      But, my server IP address is OK as I can Publish via BlueVoda and can connect with BlueFTP. I also use FreeCommander software which works OK.
      What I want to do is allow others to connect via Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer, neither of which work with this IP address. It used to work with the old IP address.
      Regards
      Terry
      Music was my first love & It will be my last

http://www.firstlovemusic.co.uk

Comment

That type of FTP has been disabled for security reasons, it is the type of FTP that hackers love... please use your domain name as the hostname ... Also click below for the worlds best multi-threading FTP software..

FileZilla - The free FTP solution for both client and server. Filezilla is open source software distributed free of charge.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X