Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing question

My website is http://www.howlingsuccess.com

The page I am having difficulty with is my "new facility" page.

I am getting a 404 error when I open the page after attempting to publish it.

I am told by support that I have incorrect hyperlinking. They are telling me that somewhere I have "new facility" and not "newfacility".

I have opened all pages and checked the navigation bar properties on all pages and they are all correct showing "http://howlingsuccess.com/newfacility.html". (no spaces)

However it will still not publish correctly.

Support is still telling me that I need to go to the index page and change the hyperlink however I'm not sure what they mean by this.

Can someone help please? I have checked through many other threads but cannot find an answer. Thank you in advance.

Re: Cannot publish

On the index page link, remove the space between "new" and "facility"
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Are you talking about the navigation properties section? I see it as correct (no spaces).

This is where I am having the problem. I am not sure where everyone is saying to go to change this. I can't find it.

I have gone to properties on my index page and there is no space between "new" and "facility".

Can someone tell me where to go to find this please?

Comment

I'm not sure why you aren't seeing it. The link on the left of your page is http://www.howlingsuccess.com/new facility.html. In Blue Voda, open the index page, right click (or double click--I don't remember which) your navigation menu to change the link.

If you view your page online, place your mouse over the New Facility button--the link will likely show up at the bottom of your screen (depending on your browser, I suppose). If it is correct, then you are looking at an old version of your page that was correct but now has been overwritten with an inaccurate version. To view the newer page, clear your browser cache--hit F5 several times.

Or you've corrected your link (and that's why it looks good to you in Properties) and simply not republished the index page.

Comment

That is the problem. On Voda it is showing no space on any of the pages. I have no idea why but now I see why everyone thinks I am blind.

When I look at it online, you are absolutely right, it shows a space. I will try to go through each page and rewrite each one again and see if it works. I just tried doing this on the index page and re-publishing but it didn't work.

So I will try it on all the pages.

Comment

I'm thinking you may not be publishing correctly. One big reason for BV saying your page was successfully published when it really wasn't is that your server has been updated and a new IP address is now required. Check your emails (including junk folder) to see if you have been updated. You might try making an obvious change to your page (add a black rectangle for example) to see if it publishes, then correcting things again after.

Be sure you have "Publish all files" showing on the Publish window.

Comment

Working...
            X