ABVFP Captcha lettering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABVFP Captcha lettering

I don't know if this has been addressed before. I did a search but nothing came up. I have been using ABVFP's "Captcha" on a number of forms on a couple of website and the only complaint I've received has been with regards to the readability of the letters of the verification code. Is there a way to change these to make them easier to read say similar to BV's Captcha?

Re: ABVFP Captcha lettering

If I recall well, the font of the captcha is verdana, which is one of the most readable fonts.
    Anyway.

Open a new BV page. Name it whatever you like (in example, new_captcha)
    Add the standard BV captcha in the Page. Fix it as you like regarding fonts etc.
    Publish the page inside the ABVFP folder on the site.

Now the captcha in your forms should appear as you have set it to.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,

Following your ABVFP instructions I copied and pasted the captcha object from the included contactform. Apparently the font you used in your scripting - Jokerman - is where the problem lies. That is; difficult to read. Is it possible for me to change this to something easier to read?

Comment

But, Jokerman was the font that was shipping with ABVFP 4 years ago!

Ever since, it was coming along with verdana.ttf

Which version of ABVFP are you using ?

Anyway, you can simply do what I suggested and this will fix the problem with the captcha font.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,

The version I used was v2.1. I just looked at your "sticky" in this forum and see that you have made some changes. I'll check these out and also follow your suggestion to fix my problem.
          Thanks as always,
          Paul

Comment

Working...
          X