image or video source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• image or video source

I have used some images and videos in my website. But.. I think I have done something wrong. I didn't upload those files to my public_html but I selected the files to be opened by Bluevoda. I can see files used in preview because I haven't published these pages. Two questions:

Will there be any problem when I publish? I mean wiil these show on the site?
    If load them to the public_html now after having created the pages do I have to change anything on the page, for example where the files are loaded from or something like that.

Thank you.

Re: image or video source

Images? You must "insert" them onto your pages using the command or icon (as a defined, positioned "object").
    >> How To Add Images to BlueVoda Pages

Videos? You must use a BlueVoda "Media" Box on your page to link to the file you have uploaded to your public_html/ directory for it to play on your page in a player.
    Once the file is uploaded properly to your Directory, a text link to the same file will allow Visitors to "download" the same file to play locally on their system in their own defaulted player.
    >> How To Add Video To Blue Voda Pages
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      Images? You must "insert" them onto your pages using the command or icon (as a defined, positioned "object").
      >> How To Add Images to BlueVoda Pages

Videos? You must use a BlueVoda "Media" Box on your page to link to the file you have uploaded to your public_html/ directory for it to play on your page in a player.
      Once the file is uploaded properly to your Directory, a text link to the same file will allow Voisitors to "download" the same file to play locally on their system in their player.
      >> How To Add Video To Blue Voda Pages
      No, I can't do it. I use a BlueVoda "Media" Box as you said and when I open it in order to browse the file I want I just can't find it in my public_html directory but only in the file that is on my computer's directories.
      I mean the "browse" button doesn't look for the file in Bluevoda directories.
      I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I just can't find it. I would appreciate any help.

Comment

I think something is being lost in the translation .... you have to manually upload/transfer the media file to your public_html/ directory so that whatever link you establish (using a Media Box, a text link, etc.) will be able to locate it and play however you have configured it to play.
        * You have to manually create that link in the Media Box to the media file that has been uploaded: it is not possible to "browse" for it on your local system, as the only file you will find that way is the original media file you uploaded with the missing URL information of where it is to be found on your website! You will have to type in the link into the Media Box using the correct file title for it to work: http://wwwyourdomainname.com/media-file-name.wmv

You should use BlueFTP to easily and quickly transfer the file properly, or if the file is rather large, you can login to cPanel and upload it there in the FILE MANAGER dashboard by clicking on the "Upload File" tool icon.

Please review the Video Tutorials again carefully .... you can always Pause them and immediately implement the techniques being shown to make sure you do things properly!

TUTORIAL: How To Add Video To Blue Voda Pages

TUTORIAL: How To Use BlueFTP

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          I think something is being lost in the translation .... you have to manually upload/transfer the media file to your public_html/ directory so that whatever link you establish (using a Media Box, a text link, etc.) will be able to locate it and play however you have configured it to play.
          * You have to manually create that link in the Media Box to the media file that has been uploaded: it is not possible to "browse" for it on your local system, as the only file you will find that way is the original media file you uploaded with the missing URL information of where it is to be found on your website! You will have to type in the link into the Media Box using the correct file title for it to work: http://wwwyourdomainname.com/media-file-name.wmv

You should use BlueFTP to easily and quickly transfer the file properly, or if the file is rather large, you can login to cPanel and upload it there in the FILE MANAGER dashboard by clicking on the "Upload File" tool icon.

Please review the Video Tutorials again carefully .... you can always Pause them and immediately implement the techniques being shown to make sure you do things properly!

TUTORIAL: How To Add Video To Blue Voda Pages

TUTORIAL: How To Use BlueFTP

Vasili I did it again and again and no chance.

I have already done the steps above. My mistake was that I was browsing for the file and did not type in the link into the Media Box using the correct file title .
          In the file box I write:

It is an acceptable link, isn't it?

When I publish the page the "Media" box is totally black on the other hand both image and text links that I've created open a page saying this:

404 Not Found
          The resource requested could not be found on this server!

Please have a look obviously I'm missing something.
          In the public_html directory my file name is :perfand_factory.wmv

Please help, my head is about to blow off.

Comment

You are improperly creating hyperlinks ...

If this is the link you typed in, note the red part which should not be there:
            http://www.katerinamitsi-fmgroup.com/public_html/videos/perfand_factory.wmv

Everything for this domain is in your public_html/ directory, so you do not have to specify it ever.

If you have created a folder called "videos" to simply hold them in a more organized manner in your public_html/ directory, then great - use the link > http://www.katerinamitsi-fmgroup.com/videos/perfand_factory.wmv

However, if you did not create a specific folder in your public_html/ directory called "videos," then the proper link is simply > http://www.katerinamitsi-fmgroup.com/perfand_factory.wmv

From what I have discovered, this is the correct link > http://www.katerinamitsi-fmgroup.com/videos/perfand_factory.wmv

BUT ... it seems that you have improperly formatted your file: it consistently crashes Windows Media Player, giving an Error Message saying the your MP3 (audio) file is not properly formatted and may have a corrupt header.
            I can only guess that you are very unfamiliar working with these types of files, and may have improperly created/converted a MP3 audio file to a WMV file.

Hopefully, you have the original MP3 audio file in the original format ... if you do, simply upload a copy of that file to your "videos" folder and re-create a link to it which should look something like this > http://www.katerinamitsi-fmgroup.com/videos/perfand_factory.mp3

If it is a video file, it is most likely a MP4 file, which for the most part cannot be played by most Windows Media Players (which is why it crashes them) --- you should use the QuickTime Player or the more versatile RealPlayer instead.
            Even if you use the Windows Media Box in BlueVoda, it is all about what Player the Visitor has defaulted on their own system that will be seen on your page and what opens to play locally: the controls on your web page will change according to what player the Visitor has 'defaulted' on their system, and is not a big deal to yoyu with regard to how you design your pages.

If you have understood all of this and have gotten this far, and your file is a MP4 video format and you would rather offer visitors the wider ability toview the video in a more universal format, you may wish to convert the MP4 to a WMV file instead, and starting from scratch re-upload the converted WMV file and properly link it as the BV Tutorials show. The best free MP4 to WMV converter is WinX, in my opinion, as it does not have Watermarks or any advertising ....

Understand??

Comment

Hi,
              I'm still working on it.
              Quicktime or Realplayer don't work at all.
              I can use Windows Media Player and it works perfectly BUT as I want to have several videos on the same page I want people to decide which video to watch.
              But in the Options there is just Autostart option, not one with control buttons so that one is able to play and pause as he wishes.
              If I tick off Autostart option, in the preview all I get is a black square with no buttons on it so nobody can do anything with it.

P.S.You are right. It was a mp4 file.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Mathilda View Post
                Hi,
                I'm still working on it.
                Quicktime or Realplayer don't work at all.
                I can use Windows Media Player and it works perfectly BUT as I want to have several videos on the same page I want people to decide which video to watch.
                But in the Options there is just Autostart option, not one with control buttons so that one is able to play and pause as he wishes.
                If I tick off Autostart option, in the preview all I get is a black square with no buttons on it so nobody can do anything with it.

P.S.You are right. It was a mp4 file.

Any ideas?
                I'm converting my mp4 files to wmv right now and I'll try again. Sorry but I'm like a tourist trying to communicate in China, I have no idea how the things have to be done as I use computers only 4-5 years.
                But my motto is The only impossible thing to me is what I haven't tried yet.

Fortunately, thanks to this forum I have learnt a lot as I have read every thread.

Thanks φίλε.

Comment

(RealPlayer will work if you set it to be the default player for that file type. Seems Windows is still your default)

It will not work in Preview.
                  The page has to be Published for the links to be "active" .... in Preview, they are not "real" and are not "associated" with anything online yet.

Also, once published and set for the Visitor option to begin "Play," the video file will display whatever single image on the player screen that was originally configured in the video formatting as a video "Title" thumbnail. Unless you edit or convert the video yourself, you will not be able to change the image (of lack of one) that displays in the idle player on your page.

Παρακαλώ ... Από την επιμέλεια και την προσπάθεια των ασθενών προέρχεται επιτυχία!

Βασίλη

Comment

Working...
                  X