X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fonts on other pc's

Hello all,

Well I'm almost there!

I've had a bit of trouble with fonts though. Is there anyway of attaching the necessary fonts for a webpage to the page html for those flat earthers who don't have the fonts already on their pc's? I have been using Pristina and Monotype Corsiva for parts of my webpage's and on some pc's I've viewed it on it looks terrible! Their must be some way of getting round it or minimising the effects, the url http://www.yourlocal.org.uk/demo.html
    Cheers all
    nick

Re: fonts on other pc's

Hi, I wondered about this. But I'm not sure whether it is possible. You could try using the file publisher tool and browsing for the font to 'carry' to your public folder. Or another way might be to have a download button on your home page.

One 'tricky fix' I have found is to make my titles and bits in fancy fonts into gifs or jpgs. That way they are treated as images and everyone will see them properly regardless of whether they have the font.

Or you could fall back to the old nugget of 'staying with web friendly fonts'.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

If you use an obscure font that isn't on all computers, you run the risk of your site being seen however that computer is configured to translate those fonts.

I recommend you stick with the very many fonts that are pretty much on all computers. Of course, in headers and pictures, the font doesn't matter- as the picture displays the font. However, do not replace all your text with pictures - as the se's can't read them - and there still are numerous computers that turn pics off for whatever reason - thus only see the alt tags, if you have them.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Amamda, Hi Bethers

Thanks for that, a few things for me to try out. By the way what are the more common fonts?
        it's interesting isn't it that the internet is only as good as the bog standard pc set up, a bit like a convoy in war, it only goes as fast as the slowest ship!
        Thanks
        Nick

Comment

Here you go:

http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/WindowsMacFonts.html
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment