form not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• form not working

need some help guys or girls. i have looked at this form for days now and cannot get it to work. when i fill out the form and press the submit button i get an error message:
    Warning: file_get_contents(./error.html) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mlivrvpe/public_html/estimates.php on line 11
    link for the form page is:

thanks in advance.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Re: form not working

1. Make sure the SUBMIT button truly IS within the margins of the Form on your page.
    2. Be sure to PUBLISH your "Success" page, and to have published it according to the page name and link your entered in the Form Properties, as a ".html" page.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

The problem, as the message clearly indicates, is that your "error" page is missing.

For some reason, the script tries to report the error, but can't find the error page and it reports this error.

Create an "error" page. Since in the form properties you have set it to be .html, make sure you publish it as such (.html) .
      Make sure you include, in this page, the following text:

##error##

This will be replaced, when the script reports the error, by the actual error message and you will be able to understand what is wrong with your form.

Please note that your checkboxes are named incorrectly (though this has no effect on the form submission) as they have the standard "Checkbox1" , "Checkbox2" atc names.
      Each checkbox of the same group should have the same name. In example, your "How did you find us" checkboxes should ALL have the name referral[] and then each one should have the related value: Google, Yahoo, Yellow Pages, etc. The square brackets are required for force the script "gather" all possible answers under the same "referral" label.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thanks guys - naval - not sure what i should put on the error page other than ##error##. should i make it to appear as a success or thank you page? OR should i say you have made a mistake please include.....
        further i will fix the checkboxes, but wanted to get the form to work properly.
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

<<normally this should be a page like the rest of your pages, with a message like:

We have encountered the following error:

then the ##error## part

and last, a "Back button"
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

ok - now i really feel stupid - how do i install a back button? do i have to create a form to do this?
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

hey guys - got all to work correctly and thanks for the help. great forum we have.
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

The simplest way is to add in your page an advanced button, and, through its properties, set it to be a Back button.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                X