X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soho page editor problem

Hi,

We have been using soho site builder to edit our web page. But since couple of time we have been facing problem with it, is it either server problem or not. I do not know.

Problem is when I edit contents of page I can edit and can add new contents but after saving, if I re edit the page I could not. After saving pages when I click to change content it does not response.
    Chitra B. Gurung
    EVERGREEN Tours,
    Kathmandu, Nepal
    www.egtours.com

Re: soho page editor problem

Most of the issues you have struggled with are all due to your system, and your connection, and have nothing to do with the servers or how Soholaunch operates.

Previously, it was due to your browser and what version your were using, and finally that got straightened out. This particular issue of pages not being "saved" after editing is due to your editing session not being properly sustained with regard to connection with the server ... the information is not being transferred even though the module is still open.

* You may have to keep trying to save smaller edited sections at a time until they properly are saved (so your sessions are 'shorter' and the connection is not strained), or find a way to upgade your online connection quality, or attend to the limitations of your computer system itself. In either event, it is an issue on your end, and not with the server or the Soholaunch online Admin logon modules.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I submitted this to voda support as well and they also got the same problem in their computer too. So, issue is reviewing I believe. I presume that it should be permission issues. Because I have three domains with vodahost and all domain using same intenet connections and working in same computer with same version of soho site builder but two of other domains has no such problem.

I saw status of permission are all failed. which can be seen after log in soho site builder, then go to help center than using diagnosis tool.

If you like to check, i can pm the log in details

Thanks for your comments.
      Chitra B. Gurung
      EVERGREEN Tours,
      Kathmandu, Nepal
      www.egtours.com

Comment

You rely upon the Soho Self-Diagnostic tool far too much without keeping in mind your installation is installed via Fantastico and thus has different parameters than a version you would manually download directly from the Soholaunch site itself: you need to understand what "default" settings to ignore due to this customized scripting and which "permissions" you can modify according to your overall best management. Often, many of the plug-in's which you purchase to add function will dictate a reasoned understanding to "customize" accordingly, so it is not simply a matter of clicking this tool or that and then assuming something is wrong: you have already changed quite a bit the settings in your installation trying to do what you thought was best, possibly without having a solid understanding, and this is not always the most productive method, IMO.

Visit the Soholaunch site and study diligently the differences between a Fantastico installation and one that is purchased from Soholaunch and manually installed. You will find many discussions in the Support Forum, and specialized solutions for Fantastico customers in the various Codex pages online.

Comment

Thank you very much for your advanced technical support. Thing is that we purchased vodahost hosting since he is giving free sitebuilder. So, I put my issues here. But really do not how it is working. I just working with my site very simply how they have set up for my domain. I have followed their simple steps. When I put this issue to soho forum, I got following answers.

The problems are many.
          1st have them run php suexec.
          2nd have them enable the following disabled php functions.
          SHELL_EXEC,SYSTEM,POPEN,VIRTUAL,SHOW_SOURCE,READFI LE,PCLOSE,POSIX_KILL,PROC_GET_STATUS,PROC_NICE,PRO C_TERMINATE,ESCAPESHELLARG,ESCAPESHELLCMD,HIGHLIGH T_FILE,LEAK,DISKFREESPACE,SHOW_SOURCE,PHP_UNAME,IN I_ALTER,INI_RESTORE,GETRUSAGE,GET_CURRENT_USER
          Chitra B. Gurung
          EVERGREEN Tours,
          Kathmandu, Nepal
          www.egtours.com

Comment

Originally posted by chitragurung View Post
            I submitted this to voda support as well and they also got the same problem in their computer too. So, issue is reviewing I believe. I presume that it should be permission issues.
            You have already submitted this to VodaHost Support, and Forum Rules clearly state once you have contacted Suppport you must not post the issue in the Forums also ... which is something you do a LOT!

My earlier comments were to try and offer you some insight as to how your approach and not understandings may have contributed to your constant issues with Soholaunch. There really isn't anyone left in these Forums to give you the kind of help you seem to need, so you should focus on getting it from the Soholaunch Forums and from VodaHost Support.

Comment

Working...
            X