page to wide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• page to wide?

I created a website but after several people told me that when they view my page it's too wide and they have to scroll over to the right the view the whole page. I got really frustrated. How can I fix this. Here is my site to check it out. When I view it on my home computer it looks fine. I can see everything in my screen fine. www.thedoubleheart.com

Thanks so much,
    Catherine

Re: page to wide?

Yes it overlaps on my 17" too. Different size monitors will see it differently and it also depends on the screen resolution.

The most experienced among us advise sticking to a page width of 800 (centred in the browser) - that way it will look best on the majority of screens. I think the most popular screen resolution is 1024 x 768. If that's not correct someone will put you right.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: page to wide?

Its a very nice and informative site. As far as the scrolling question, you have some pretty big spaces on the left of your pages with large text. If you moved everything to the left and made the text a bit smaller that would improve things, Also on your "Our Life" page the "back to homepage" link is a long way tp the right as well, you could move it in towards the centre of the page to narrow the page a bit.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
      royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X