Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publish a website from Xara webdesign 7 to my VH account problem

Hi

I have add on domain on my Vodahost account, but i like to use Xara webdesign 7 as a webpage designer (i dont like the BV builder) But when i am going to publish this site to my VH domain i get stuck :)
    It ask for FTP host adress, FTP username and FTP password :/ where can i fined that??
    My maine adress is bellasoledesign.com on VH but the domain i want to use Xara on is bsjewels.com (my add on domain)

I hope someone can help

Elisabeth

Re: Publish a website from Xara webdesign 7 to my VH account problem

Hope this helps

Rember you can save these details with in the website document of xara
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thank you so much Alian Dude :) i will try that

Comment

I only get this error from xara when try to publish " operation timed out" it will not upload :( what do i do wrong??

Comment

First off make sure your hosting ip address has not changed though the resent up dates, if all the info is correct it might be your internet connection, if the upload box appears in the top right of your screen and starts then a connection has been made to your sever and its just a bit slow, this could also be down to a busy internet time in your area.
          Timed out usually mean ether the software is waiting for a response from the server and will disconnect after an allotted time.
          Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Hi again

I had to reset my password at VH and then i got a new ip adress, i have put this adress in xara.
            My internet connection is very fast :) And the box appears but it never start uploading.
            I am getting gray hair about this :/
            are you sure it is the ip adress that are going there?
            like this: 74.209.213.9
            then the cpanel username and password.
            What about the ftp adress?

I appreciate all your help

Elisabeth

Comment

Yes the ip address is the FTP address.
              make sure that the sub folder starts with public_html/ then followed by the rout if any to the folder you wish to publish to.

I use Xara all the time and have built a number of site with it so, so setting it up is second nature.
              Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

I have try all that Alian Dude :( and still got the problem

I have shut down all firewalls etc but still nothing. Is there something about my computer?

I also try to publish with BV builder but i got the 12029 error :((((

I am too young to get gray hair :(((

Can you contact me on my mail elisabeth.j@online.no and help me??

Thanks Elisabeth

Comment

Working...
                X