PDA

View Full Version : Help - Cannot see my website!

debbyetex
04-18-2006, 02:09 AM
I've transferred my DNS to you.
Responded to the email ok'ing the transfer (several days ago).
I've contacted the company it's being transfered from & they say they've released it already. They say to contact you guys.
How come I can't see my new website? (just trashing the old stuff)
The new pages I've created with your builder have 'published' successfully.

Can an administrator please check? "cateryourparty.com"

Thanks so much,
Debbye

Bethers
04-18-2006, 03:08 AM
Your website comes right up for me - not sure why it's not for you. Or do you mean the old site is still coming up?

debbyetex
04-18-2006, 03:17 AM
That's my (old) website you're viewing. And this is the problem!
I've even put in a support ticket - and still no reply or help.

Our company is swamped with quotes that need to be answered. The pricing tier is different on our (new) site than the old. I really need an answer quickly!

Thanks so much,
Debbye

debbyetex
04-18-2006, 03:51 AM
How long does it usually take for a support ticket to be answered?
I absolutely 'loved' the web builder & found lots of answers to my questions here on the forum, but the answers I get from my submitted tickets just refer me to a 'tutoral' that's not helping my problem!
VH really needs to think about 'LIVE' support.

Just a little frustrated at this point, (and I'm a new client)
Debbye

Nyoman
04-18-2006, 04:39 AM
check here (http://whois.domaintools.com/cateryourparty.com), your (dns)server name is still pointed to another server

debbyetex
04-18-2006, 06:53 AM
I know it's reflecting it that record, however that server company tells me they show my account (already) transferred to VH. This is my problem. Is there something I should be doing on my end????
Or continue to wait and wait and wait on VH?

Thanks,
Debbye

debbyetex
04-18-2006, 06:55 AM
I'm so frustrated that I can't talk to a 'live' person! Maybe switching wasn't such a good idea!

Deb

Bethers
04-18-2006, 09:09 AM
Deb, you need to change where your dns is pointed. I would think you can do this yourself. I know I can where my domains are parked.

debbyetex
04-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Hi Bethers,
I just received an email from customer support. My domain name is in between registrars at the moment. This explains why I can't change where it is pointed quite yet. And why my (old) registrar tells me they have already transferred the account. So, all I can do is wait. Once it comes in - I then would go into my account and update the name servers (to point to VH) correct? And then how much longer do you think it will take before I will see my new website?

Thanks for all your help,
Debbye

Bethers
04-18-2006, 08:15 PM
I can only speak of my experience - and as soon as the transfer is complete - changing the name servers should be pretty much instantaneous. Again - that's how it worked for me.

Good luck!

Mariposa
04-19-2006, 10:33 PM
I am having the same problem, we sell adirondack chairs, bar stools, lighting, baskets, etc and I have forwarded my domain from elsewhere to voda and now am just waiting to go back to work. Currently I have no catalog, and customers who want to buy. Mostly right now I just sit and wait for this to take effect.

This is the best website builder I've tried. I even used it to make a brochure and send to a customer in the interim.

I hope the osCommerce is as easy as it seems.

Mariposa

debbyetex
04-19-2006, 11:40 PM
I know what you mean Mariposa. I did get confirmation that the transfer was complete. I then updated my name servers (as instructed).............and still can't see my new web pages! I have no idea how long it will take. I'm so tired of waiting!

Good Luck with your transfer,
Debbye

Bethers
04-20-2006, 03:40 AM
Debbye, You might want to open a trouble ticket to see the status now. We can't help you with that in the forum. Good luck.

debbyetex
04-20-2006, 04:22 AM
I've submitted a trouble ticket and have heard no response!

Mariposa
04-20-2006, 09:06 PM
I purchased a new domain instead of waiting and I asked Voda to switch them, which they did right away. I have published with the voda site builder and still do not see my website. I tried to check and see where my name server is pointed but in the my domains section of voda/modernbill my domain name is not clickable.

I published right away with my last host, I know I'm a computer dummy, but right now I feel like a computer stupid. I can't make any money if I'm not online.

Good luck to you too, Debby