This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add a bulletin board...

I would like to add an old fashioned cork board, bulletin board to a page. On it I would like to have post its or some type of paper to add announcements. I have done a google search looking for ideas or a program with no luck. If anyone has done this and can share or have any thoughts on how to create one, I would appreciate it. I have seen it as an app on a phone, pretty neat looking.

Thanks.

Re: How to add a bulletin board...

The App you refer to was coded using Flash (based on images and visiual elements).

You can do something of a substitution using BlueVoda, but it will also need to be image-based, and require you to be clever in deciding how to "format" your page organization and layout (the corkboard as a background, a "note" as an inserted image, etc.), keeping in mind it is going to be a manual process of adding "notes" and the like, by you and not by a Visitor ...
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I did create a square shape using a corkboard as the image. I am having trouble finding the "notes" to add to it. Once I do the plan was to simply add text over the image. I will be the one adding notes, not open to the public. Just wanted to see if I was on the right track.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnav35 View Post
        Thank you for your reply. I did create a square shape using a corkboard as the image. I am having trouble finding the "notes" to add to it. Once I do the plan was to simply add text over the image. I will be the one adding notes, not open to the public. Just wanted to see if I was on the right track. Thanks again.
        Like I said ... it's a test on your cleverness! ;^)

You can find some usable images as "notes" by browsing for 'Frames' in your BV Images, in Outlook, in the Publisher archives, and even in your Office ClipArt files. Some are easy to find, and others might require you to drill-in to the root Windows Program file folders, but they are there!
        There are so many to choose from as images to save by Searching online as well. Don't rule out taking a screenshot of something you see online and using some editing programs to PASTE AS NEW IMAGE to format as desired also.

Depending on what software you have to edit images (or photos), you can format them as needed, such as "erasing" edge backgrounds and saving as PNG to have a transparent edge to better be insertable against any background, or by inserting them onto a Publisher page to 'rotate' them as desired and then saving the Publisher document as a JPG to later crop properly and further format, etc. The possibilities can be quite overwhelming if you stop to think about HOW to accomplish what you envision, but the ability is only limited in how far you reach with your desire to use the tools available ....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You are a great help!
          I have Photoshop to edit images. I have saved some post it note images from online but still need to learn how to take the background off. I thought there was a way to make the background transparent, so that you for confirming that there is! I will definately look into learning that. I did find a program online that allows me to create post it notes and generates an html code to go along with it. It is free, a small fee to use them without ads. I wasn't sure how reliable that would be.
          I appreciate all of your ideas.

Comment

Working...
          X