*sigh* Publishing Issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *sigh* Publishing Issues...

My domain name is anominus.com and is registered with VodaHost. My add-on domain is thewhitecupcoffeehouse.com and is registered with GoDaddy. I can get anominus.com to publish but not thewhitecupcoffeehouse.com. I have updated the nameservers to point to the nameservers listed in my VodaHost New Account Information email. Twice. I have added the domain. Deleted it and added it again. I notice on the "Index of /" that comes up when I try to view the website online that the first two folders are Index and Events (caps). I initially did name them with caps, but changed it when I remembered not to. I also notice that when I go to publish, although the Server IP dropdown gave me the option to select the number configuration that my New Account Information email listed for anominus.com, it did not for my add-on thewhitecupcoffeehouse.com. I have ccleaned and deleted all cookies, temp files, caches, etc.

Suggestions?
    Elizabeth

Re: *sigh* Publishing Issues...

1. You have properly created an Add-On Domain in cPanel to your hosting account for TheWhiteCupCoffeehouse.com ... TUTORIAL

2. You have properly set DNS/Nameserver configuration at GD for the new domain, using the same info as your Primary Domain (ns1.vodadns.com, ns2.vodadns.com) ... TUTORIAL

3. You properly "Publish" to your Add-On Domain specifying the same Server IP address as your Primary Domain in the Publish Dialog Box (74.209.215.9) -- if you do not see this IP address in the Publish Dialog Drop-Down menu, you will need to "update" your copy of BlueVoda to include the newest server IP address list to publish properly (for either domain, for the servers have been updated recently for your hosting account). Download BlueVoda sv2 Here *Remember to install the new version over your previous installation to "overwrite" it, which is the method of "upgrading": do not delete your previous installation, as doing so will delete all your saved page files also!

4. You properly publish to the correctly configured Add-On Domain being sure to enter the required information in the Publish Dialog Box: public_html/thewhitecupcoffeehouse.com ... TIPS

If all the above are true, there should be no issue at all. If there is, create a Support Ticket to troubleshoot further.

Remember to change your page files already published to using no capitals (your hosting account Directory still shows pages such as "Index" which should be "index"), and to check to make sure your Menu/Navigation reflects this important change to remain functional. It might be best to simply make changes to all your pages and re-publish them all once you straighten out your ability to publish properly ....
    and it is obvious you are not following step 4 above, as you are publishing all the "coffeehouse" pages over your previously published anominus.com website, essentially 'overwriting' it completely!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X