Form works for me (acct owner) but not for user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form works for me (acct owner) but not for user

One of my VH-hosted sites is powerretailing.com, which (to me) seems to be working fine today. I have a partner who handles the emails that come from the contact form on that URL; to test that form he tried filling it out this morning, and when he clicked "Submit" he got the following error message (and NOT the Thank You page that should come up):

Warning: file_get_contents(./error.html) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vtrsgwu/public_html/powerretailing/index.php on line 33

He also says he's not receiving any form data at his email address, which is in Form Properties. Based on what I see on line 33 of the page's code, $errorcode = file_get_contents($error_url, I created an error page and put its URL into Form Properties. I also made two of the form's fields required. I also added my address as a mail-to in Form Properties.

Result: When I test the form, I get the thank you page I should and the form data is emailed to me A-OK. But when HE tests it, he gets the error page and NO form data is emailed to him.

FYI, last Friday, based on a Wed 9/14 email from Vodahost, I upgraded to the latest version of BV. The message also said my account had moved to a new server, voda18. Would this switch possibly be part of the problem?

Re: Form works for me (acct owner) but not for user

Yes.
    The way the new servers are configured, you will need to re-establish the email address via cPanel, as they are not "copied" over completely.
    The reason it may seem to work for you is because you may be working with a cached browser page version ... if you clean out your browser, you may find the same dysfunction presenting to you as well. If the problem persists, contact Support to be sure they have all the settings configured for your account to enable PHP and cP functions fully.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

The error indicates that the "error" page doesn't exist. I searched your site, I found neither "error.html" nor "error.php"
      Your friend / partner somehow gets the form to report an error he is making, but no error page exists, therefore the script crashes and no email is being sent.

No "cache" exists on form submission, as the output to the browser is the output of the form PHP code.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you both. Vasili, not sure I understand what you mean by "re-establish the email address": when I go cpanel > Email Accounts, I see all the addresses I've created on my VH-hosted domains. So what exactly should I do in cpanel (or elsewhere) to re-establish the addresses? Whatever it is, would I have to do it to all of my VH-hosted email accounts?

Naval, I did create and publish an error page, but I named it "prcontactformerror.php" (which my partner gets when he tries to submit via the form). Are you saying it has to be named "error.php" or "error.html"?

Comment

The error message you posted above indicated that you have typed, as "error" page, in the form properties, "error.html"

Warning: file_get_contents(./error.html) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vtrsgwu/public_html/powerretailing/index.php on line 33

So I was supposing that your error page was "error.html"

It is mandatory that your page name and the "Error URL" properties are the same, whatever the name is.

If your partner gets the error page instead of the Thank you page, it means that there is actually some error.

To see what this error is, you should create the error page according to the tutorial instuctions, so it will report the actuall error.

To do this, simply add in your error page the text ##error##
          This will be replaced, if an error is encountered, by the real error message so your partner will be able to understand what the problem is.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X