Site Structuring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Structuring

The goal is that a user is presented with two choices at a site, a "General Audience" selection and a "Family" selection.

When the user selects one or the other, I would like the contents to be solely those of that realm selection. I can get it to work OK by rebuilding and renaming pages, which is expected, but it would be far more convenient, and I would feel more professional, if I could accomodate 'launching' the General or Family selection as discrete resources.

I'm afraid I don't have enough experience yet to know if this can be accomodated, or if I am even asking the question coherently enough!

Thank You...

Re: Site Structuring

It is rather unclear what you need to do.

If you want to redirect users automatically to different sections you would usually create a protected page, and provide the password to the "family" members. In this protected page you would need a piece of code that would set a cookie to the visitors computer.
    Once they have visited this page once, the cookie is set and the next time they visit they are recognized automatically as "family" members and thus redirected to the "family" pages.

You need some code for this and your pages should be .php
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Much easier to simply create a Password Protected Directory to provide a "separate" website altogether with a single Password access rather than the confusing method or protecting individual pages and issuing multiple permissions.

You'll find the Tutorial on how to do this here.

You can have a distinct completely Password Protected website within a website, such as would look like this: http://www.YourDomain.com/family
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

But, IF I correctly understood this, Bryan's question has actually nothing to do with protection, it has to do with automatically recognizing a visitor and automatically redirecting him to the correct section of the site.

The protected page I suggested ONLY serves the purpose of setting the cookies, it will not be used for anything else.

And, in all cases, even if we were talking about protection, using Single Page protect is as simple as using a protected folder. I was talking about the Protect Single Page tool, not protecting multiple pages or setting permissions.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X