Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I put Under Construction page

Hi All,

I put together a Forum yesterday using phpBB, but I was wondering if it was possible to put that the forum is Under Construction, while I get in touch with people to let them know that it is there, and maybe say:

This site is Under Construction, and it will be up and running by ..............

Many Thanks

Sara
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Re: Can I put Under Construction page

sure you can, the easier way is to create under construction page called index.html, you can use bluevoda for this and then publish to your forum directory public_html/forum and make sure the link from other page to your forum is www.anxietynomore.co.uk/forum without /index.php or /index.html. so when you load your forum by typing www.anxietynomore.co.uk/forum the index.html will be opened, and when your forum is ready just delete your index.html and when you load your forum again through www.anxietynomore.co.uk/forum your real forum index/php will be loaded
    Nyoman

Comment

Hi

Ok, I am new at all of this, so what I have to do is: create another page like the web pages I have done to the site is this correct? and save it like the index page etc.
      e.g create a full page on my templates and put the address in my menu bar down the side of the page like you said, but the forum will be there when i change the address later? As you can see I am not up to date with all this jargon.......lol

Thanks

Sara
      www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Create a normal page using bluevoda put your layout everything you want and of course don't forget to write some where Under construction save as index and then publish to public_html/forum. and the link from other site to your forum make sure www.anxietynomore.co.uk/forum as right now your link in your other page to your page i notice is www.anxietynomore.co.uk/forum/index.php so just eliminate /index.php ,

your forum is still there under index.php you can edit and touch up and when your forum is ready just delete the under construction page (index.html) through FTP
        Nyoman

Comment

Hi,

Me again, can i just say thanks for helping me,

One thing i am confused by now, is that my main page on the website is called index.html, so would i have to save it as something else??

And when people click on the main forum icon in the menu bar will it just say page cannot be displayed, but they will see the other page i add on.... duh....lol

Thanks again

Sara
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

save as index but make sure to save in different folder otherwise will overwrite your main index page

if you save as other than index, when people click your main forum button they will direct to your real forum index.php

to make it more clear you will have 2 index in your forum for awhile untill your forum ready, one is index.html( under construction) and one is index.php( your real forum), so when you view/click www.anxietynomore.co.uk/forum index.html will be opened instead of index.php and after you delete your index.html sure your index.php will appear
            Nyoman

Comment

hey Nyoman,

I have just checked out your forum and website, it is great...........but i still haven't done my underconstruction page..............

Sara
              www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

I see you are visiting my community forum, thank you for your compliment.
                I wouldn't put any under construction page for your forum, you can touch up litle by litle while it is up and running, but all is deppend on you. your choice

good luck
                Nyoman

Comment

Working...
                X