Adding html for favicon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding html for favicon

Trying to get a Favicon to appear on my URL by adding the following html code between head in index.html
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">

This code works when using Favicons test but nothing happens. Using IE 8.0

My site is www.snickis.se

Any ideas?

Mats
    Mats Tegnér
    Snickis.se

Re: Adding html for favicon

You don't need to add any code.

Go in Page Properties, General, Favicon. Browse to your favicon file and BV will automatically upload the file and generate the necessary code.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval,

I tried that as well but nothing happens. An other question you might be able to answer. When publishing a lightbox, it always uploads all the images even though I marked "only upload changed files". I have some boxes with over 100 images so it takes a lot of time. Also, I downloaded the latest version of BV and suddenly many of the fonts changed and the text under the images appeared with a larger space below each image. Many questions but my homepage is VERY important to me since all my work is generated from it.

Thanks,
      Mats
      Mats Tegnér
      Snickis.se

Comment

Your favicon appears just fime in my IE9, Opera, Chrome, Safari and FF

I'm not aware of any issues with lightbox, if you believe it is a bug, please post in the related thread.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I followed your directions in this post, checked the page HTML and it did show:
          <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">
          in the head section. Saved and published. Didn't work. Any other ideas?

Thank you

(site is: www.winemeknot.com)

Comment

Hi,

We see the favicon no problem, try going to the page and clearing your browser cache by holding the ctrl key down and hitting f5 once.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X