Best way to set up webmail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to set up webmail?

I have read and reread posts on the this forum and while I have learned alot, I am still unsure of the best way to use webmail. Here is the scenerio - this is for our church, there will be about 15 or so email account created and used by 15 different people. I thought I would just forward webmails to personal accounts; however, when we send a response I would like for it to be from @ourdomainname.org. and not folk's personal email addressses.

I looked into using google apps, if I understand it right, we can use gmail with our own domain; however to use Google apps for business there is a fee and we can't afford to do that, churches are not eligible for the free non-profit?!?

I need advice on what to use Horde, RoundCube, etc... Would I give each person the address to access webmail? Not sure which to use -I have sent some emails as tests and really wasn't that thrilled with how the format looked - can any of them be tweeked? (e.g. before my reply, there was code regarding where the message originated).

Trying to make this as professional as possible, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Re: Best way to set up webmail?

Simplyt use the FREE version of Google Apps/Google Docs (there is multiple threads with step-by-step instructions on how to set this up in the Forums -- do a Forum Search to locate them) and simply go about your business.

The other option of allowing each User to use Outlook is not as universal as it is PC-based, as many individuals use Ap ple and Google Apps/Docs can be used on both systems.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Best way to set up webmail?

Thank you for your reply.

The only reason that I was hesitating to use the free version is I was under the impression that it was for an individual and I need to have this work for multiple people. Does everyone have to sign up for Google apps then for it to work?

Thanks again, just want to make sure it will work for me before I change anything!

Comment

Working...
      X