Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website not centered on Safari or Firefox

Hello,

I just redesigned my website www.gleampros.com and looks good, it's centered on IE but not on Safari or Firefox,
    what i need to do to solve this problem?

Thanks Guys

Re: Website not centered on Safari or Firefox

Pages are centered in all browsers if you use a 1400 px wide monitor and have no sidebars open. However, your approach is wrong because you have used a 1423 px wide image as background, and you have centered the content (which is only 830 px wide - approx) on this background image. This will result in pages NOT being centered on any monitors that have the main browser window set to anything else than 1400 px. Even monitors that are 1400 px wide will display pages moved to the right if a side bar (in example, bookmarks)

You should, instead, move ALL your content to the BV workspace left side, set the page width to the (actual) 830 (or so) px, and use a cyan / yellow narrow strip image as Page background (set to Repeat horizontally)
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval, i'll do what you say and will see.

Comment

Hi Naval,

I will like to know how i can have the blue strip al the way across the screen and have all the rest centered and also the phone# and get a quote font are different.
        Thanks.

Pd. I just fixed the home page at the moment.

Comment

Please find a link to download your background image : http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/bkgrd.jpg
          Save it in your BV folder.
          Go in Page Properties
          Select as Page background, this image.
          Then set the background image to Repeat Horizontally.

You should only use Websafe fonts as other types of fonts can be rendered differently on each user's broser (depending on whether the specific font is installed or not in his computer)
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks so much... Naval
            Looks good

Comment

Working...
            X