Help with Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Form

I have an application in txt format that I want people to be able to view download or print.

Re: Help with Form

arisnick,

If it were me- I would convert it to a pdf file and then simply upload it to your server. Then create a link to it either linking text or a button to that file.

Example: Click here for our form and then print it. Link "here"
    to: http://mywebsite.com/form.pdf

The reason I say convert it to a pdf file is that pdf can be opened by virtually any computer as adobe acrobat reader is widely used and pdf is one of the most common files. If you were to save it as a MS document file- if the receiveing person does not have MS word - it might not open.

Just my opinion

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

arisnic has it saved as a txt (MS word is .doc), which will open in any text editing program, such as notepad. Although any computer can use a pdf file, not everyone had acrobat reader installed, and its annoying to have to download when the file can be opened on any OS, and can also be loaded in a browser without having to install anything. Plus you can convert a .doc to a .txt and open it without a rich text editor

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Watdaflip,

I stand corrected. My eyes saw txt. but my brain saw doc. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Cheers

Andy
        **I need to go back on vacation!
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

what is the best way to convert a file to pdf?? I was wrong the file is saved as a .doc file.

Comment

There are many free pdf convert programs- I like pdf995. You can find it here;
            http://www.pdf995.com/

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

thanks for the help now does anyone know how to make pictures get larger when they are clicked on. I have some pics I would like to put on my website that can do this

Comment

Arisnick-
                Yes- but it would be best to post this as a NEW TOPIC in the adding elements to website or in the General support area of the form. Adding a new topic onto an existing topic makes follow up difficult and no one can search the topic.

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                X