Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help sending form to email

I've read and watched the form videos. I used pablos script item for item
    my confirmation page comes up okay but it does not send a email. if I use mailto: I receive email but no info. could you please check. I had a friend fill out the form and I still didn't get the email. My Domain is www.slnwcert.com my pages are feedbackform.bvp and feedback.bvp. Thank YOU In Advance.

Re: help sending form to email

leftysd,

First- you need to have the "email" portion of the php script as your
    email address that you set up in the BV Squirrel mail or Neo mail. So it would be like;
    leftysd@sinwcert.com

If you have it set to go to your yahoo mail or any other outside e-mail service - it probably will not work.

Second- make sure each element (place where you want people to fill in) is assigned a name.

Correct those two things and I believe your problem will be solved.

If you want it to go to your yahoo mail address- simply set it up to forward from your BV Squirrel mail to your Yahoo mail. You can do this in cpanel.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks I'll give that a try. I learn something new every day enen at my age.

Comment

when I try to send it returns with mail cannot be delivered

Comment

Well now-

A web page appears and states this or is that what your e-mail account reports?

I did a quick look at the form source code and it appears ok. Perhaps it is a part of the php script that has been modified by accident? Try deleting the php script and starting over. Re-copy and past into the "inside body" tag and then carefully put your e-mail address in it again. Make sure to replace only inside the " ". Dont change anything else except the e-mail address. Then try it again.

Also- send yourself an e-mail from an outside source to make sure it is functioning properly. Might even want to try this first.

Post back and let me know how it works.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy Thanks for you help. You put me on the right track. I finally used the master email address that was issued to me by voda host then forwarded it to the other email address. Everything works great now. Thanks again. Lefty

Comment

Working...
            X