How to forbid posting comments if not a member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to forbid posting comments if not a member

Hello all. I a newbie user of BlueVoda. The program is great i think and im trying to learn it. After watching all the tutorials and reading some stuff i have started constructing my site. I havent actually concluded to the main idea but for sure it will obligate users to sign in before posting a comment.

So the question is how can i not allow posting a comment from a new user before he/she becomes a member. I know this may sound general but any fast explanation will be enough for now.

I think this will be the 1st of a series of questions i will have while building this site.

Congratulations for bluevoda and generally for your work. It is a very friendly environment and bluevoda is very easy and user friendly.

Thanks in advance.

vkouroub

Re: How to forbid posting comments if not a member

You should be considering Wordpress instead, which has all these features already built-in and is easily managed.

BlueVoda will be the best tool to use for a static HTML site, to which you can add "Membership" but which will not allow you to offer comments and auto-posting. To do this, you would need an integrated platform such as Wordpress as mentioned above.

Both CMS platforms, Wordpress and Joomla can be loaded into your public_html/ directory (root directory) to default as a website with just a few clicks as a VodaHost client via the Fantastico! section of your cPanel.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili (btw we have the same name :).

Thanks for the quick answer. So i have to use Wordpress for this site and for every other site i build which will include memeber exclusive posting? Cause to tell you the truth i started with Wordpress but when i discovered Bluevoda i left it behind (not so user friendly in my opinion).

Maybe you should consider fixing a "Posting" form for Bluevoda since it already has a "Membership" form.

Is there a "Forum" app in Bluevoda? Maybe i can use that.

Thanks.

Comment

No, BlueVoda is an easy-to-use HTML editor which even a beginner can use to create static website designs with, and which allows many scripts to be imported to achieve other specialized instructions, but it is not a dynamically coded platform as is Wordpress or other CMS platforms.

You cannot import a Forum into a BlueVoda website, but (also via Fantastico! in your cPanel) you can create a forum as either a sub-domain or an add-on domain to link to from your BV site: it is just not something that you can incorporate into a BlueVoda created (written/coded) page.

Wordpress (a blog script) and Joomla (another CMS script) for example, both include the Visitor Registration/Membership function and Comments along with some other features as they are database-driven dynamic scripts .... a much more comprehensive type platform than a simple HTML-based web script as is BlueVoda.

You would do well to apply yourself to learning Wordpress, selecting a theme that fits yur requirements, and customizing it accordingly ... that way, you can enjoy all the features you presently are looking for with room to add more as your site evolves - simply by adding additional plugin's.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Ok Vasili. Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Comment

Working...
          X