X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Weird SPAM thing in my website's google cache

Hey Guys, thanks for your help!

So, some friends told me that there was this weird spam post on my homepage (I use wordpress). I can't see it, but someone showed me that if you go through google search and look at the website's cache then you can see it. I don't know what this means exactly, or how long it has been there. But, I was wondering what I should do! How do I fix this? (People in Europe get it right away on the homepage, which isn't good!)

Thanks in advance.

To see it yourself - this is my website http://www.wardoves.com
    (I can't see it though, you have to use cache apparently)

Re: Some Weird SPAM thing in my website's google cache

Lisa ... Why in the world would anyone be concerned about what is showing in Google's cache, especially since the snapshot was taken a while ago under who knows what circumstances? Additionally, your "friends" may themselves be using a browser or system that has been hacked or otherwise compromised.
    Any issue regarding Spam or Hacks is by definition concerning the present, the now, and nothing on your site looks out of the ordinary (and nothing would prevent you from seeing it like anyone else would either, as that is simply how Wordpress is coded).

Another spin of the wheels unnecessarily ...
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili,

Thanks for your reply.

I wasn't sure why it was a problem either, since I haven't had any other problems at all. Someone else had to point it out to me for me to even think about it, I thought she was just worried for no reason but then another friend said that some people over in Europe could see it too. Now, I am not sure if this is a problem or not, so I just wanted some tips. So in your opinion it's not an issue then? Could there be any reason for other countries to see this on the homepage even if they weren't looking through the cache?

Thanks.

Comment

It's no big deal, and most likely they themselves are using compromised systems. Besides, what normal person navigates to website via the cached pages? Seems like someone is trying to find a back door to your site, and these "friends" may not be as friendly as you thought ...
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Okay, thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
          X