form vailidation error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• form vailidation error

hi i have been pulling my hair out trying to get help on this one.

i had a very helpful user wrtie a script fo me and it produced a result of 99% of what i wanted.

i have a webpage where i have a list of 45 people in a central colum and a user is required to selected 18 of thiese names and move them to a colum on the left (to team) and 6 to the colum on the right (to bench) when complete the player needs to click finalize team and it gos to a submit.php page and sends me an email with the chosen names....PERFECT

the beuty of the script was that if a user chose too many or too few it pops up with an alert just above the finalize team button and tells them of there miastake. Obivously at the point the user corrects the error and chooses the correct number of names and again clicks the finalize team button.

the problem i am having is proabably not so much with the vailidation as the page does pause a user who has made an error but more with the submit funtion because if a user does make an error in the first try... gets the warning...and fixes their mistake it diverts to an error.html page (which the script writer suggested i build) rather than the submit.php page

as such i do not get the email.

the page is

Username: Cain
    Password: mcgregor206

the script wirter has spent days trying to help me but cant pinpont why its doing it either.
Working...
X