Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen resolution

Hello,

I´m working on a website and have a problem. I set the background picture wichs loads centrally and fine in several screen resolution settings. The thing is, that the menu bar works fine in 1680 wide resolution, when I use less resolution (1280; 800; etc) the background keeps good but the menu bar goes straight to the right side of the page.

There is anything I can do on this issue?

Here is the website link: www.assistenciaelectrica.com/detectives.html

I apreciate all help.

Re: Screen resolution

Your pages should be designed no wider than 982 pixels wide for universal viewing and within standards to provide the minimum background based on the 16-Grid formatting that the internet and monitors are built using. Keep in mind current maximum design parameters are only 1024, and it will be quite some time until the world advances further, especially with the explosion of true-display technology now standard on devices, which by nature, have a hard time displaying any larger sites (wider than 982) legibly or without the need for significant magnification/enlargement and inordinate scrolling. Thus, the acceptable monitor resolutions are seemingly "stuck" at the best view using 1440. Anything larger than that simply makes the text too small to effectively be communicated without undue effort even on traditional desktop monitors, and most definitely via devices!

Adapt your page design from 1450 to this 982 pixels maximum width to resolve the instances of improperly displaying page elements (overlapping, reforming, non-adaptive, etc.).

Your background (which should ideally be at least 1650 pixels wide for universal view) should be added via PAGE PROPERTIES > 'Formatting' tab > 'Image' option > enter the local file/URL as it is on your system (to upload during publishing) to properly integrate with the "black area" that you are using as your "page" margins.

Also in PAGE PROPERTIES > GENERAL tab be sure to select "Center Page" > "Center this page in browser window horizontally" ​so your properly sized background does in fact 'center' and perform just as designed in your BlueVoda Workpane. This 'centering option' also eliminates the need to design pages real-size in BlueVoda (for the centering is done automatically for you), but does require all your elements to be flush-left "0/0" to the Workpane margins -- also making it easier to set and see your actual page dimensions.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X