Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search/meta tags statategy

Hi,
    Could anyone say if placing hundreds of key words on your web site pages actually helps with search engines? I noticed even a lot of very large companies use this practice.
    The link below is one of the largest phone providers in Spain. They must be doing something right, their at the top end of Google. I know BV has an area to do this on page property’s. But is it the same.

Cheers.

Chris.

http://www.telefonicainenglish.com/
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Re: search/meta tags statategy

Originally posted by Collectors-info
    Hi,
    Could anyone say if placing hundreds of key words on your web site pages actually helps with search engines? I noticed even a lot of very large companies use this practice.
    The link below is one of the largest phone providers in Spain. They must be doing something right, their at the top end of Google. I know BV has an area to do this on page property’s. But is it the same.

Cheers.

Chris.

http://www.telefonicainenglish.com/
    Blimey!

I sort of thought it wasn't such a good idea to have loads and loads of keywords but it doesn't seem to be doing them any harm does it?

Yes, you are right about the page properties - that's where you add them - seperated by a comma.

I'll wait and see if any of the SE experts have something to say on the subject....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

That's a good article that exposes the myth of SEO....
      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sea...rnet+marketing

Although it does not say anything new, it is interesting to hear it again from a different vantage point, I found it helpful.

Comment

Actually, it's not doing them any good either. SE's are getting smarter and smarter - and doing anything to try to "trick" them will eventually backfire on you. In case any of you aren't aware - even big companies get in trouble for "black hat" seo techniques. And that is definitely black hat and spamming, IMO.

BMW got banned from Google not long ago - and fixed their "errors" quickly to get re-listed - but believe me - they do find when websites do these things.

Matt Cutts is a guru from Google - he has a great blog if you ever want to read it. Here's a link to when they banned BMW: http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/rampin...ional-webspam/

So, if you think it looks bad or spammy - figure it will eventually find it's way to the se's black hat list and don't do it. And if it won't look good to your customers - who you need to do business - it's really a waste of valuable space.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Is it really a waste of space, heres another one and just look at how much coverage he has at google....pages, not just items......www.imoherden.com
          makes me stop and think.....
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
          X