How do I speed up my download time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I speed up my download time?

Can someone please tell me how I can speed up the loading time for my webpage?

It seems to work okay in IE6, but when trying to view my website in Mozilla Firefox it seems to take for ever?

Any tips would be appreciated!

Thank you :)

Re: How do I speed up my download time?

I use Netscape 8.1 based on Firefox and it loads very quickly.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

No way am I going to download 3+mb without knowing whats coming down
      the line....sorry I disconnected almost straight away.....
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

The web page itself loads quickly - are you talking about if you click from the page to where ever that goes - which I also will not do - cuz I don't go places when I don't know what to expect.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
          The web page itself loads quickly - are you talking about if you click from the page to where ever that goes - which I also will not do - cuz I don't go places when I don't know what to expect.
          Oops I thought he was asking about the page in general! As I too am quite particular about where I click - it's kept me out of trouble for many years and I am not changing my policy now.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia
            No way am I going to download 3+mb without knowing whats coming down
            the line....sorry I disconnected almost straight away.....

You know, I'm starting to wonder why I even bothered coming to this forum???

I never asked anyone to click or download anything! All I simply asked was for help in learning how I can make my original page that you see on the very first page..."Yes, without clicking anything!!!" to make sure it was downloading fast enough on other machines, and if not, how I can make it download faster?

I can understand everyone's concerns in clicking links and dowloading from uncertain pages etc., and there are plenty of scum out there that are willing to provide this free service to you, but I certainly don't appreciate being put in the same catergory as these same low life worms...especially considering you don't even know me!

Sorry to sound so annoyed, but I found your responses to be very unprofessional. I am a legitimate person looking for legitimate help, and all I got was...oooohh, I'm not clicking this or I'm not sure where this page will take me?..."my god, get a life!"

Any of you so called big time helpers out there that read this, don't bother replying, because I won't be using this forum again!

Comment

Oops. So I was on the right track originally. Reall sorry, if you ever come back. I jumped on the scary bandwaggon.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Wow, for a salesperson you have to learn to take rejection.
                For a faster loading home page you need fewer or smaller graphics. Did you check with any of the webtools (http://www.1-hit.com/all-in-one/tool...me-checker.htm) to see how long it takes for the pages to load? It's a pretty handy tool.
                Your images could be reduced in size (not physically, but electronically) quite a bit.
                If you didnt want anyone to click anything, why include the link? How could I tell you how to speed up your site without seeing it?
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi
                Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonTerry
                  Wow, for a salesperson you have to learn to take rejection.
                  For a faster loading home page you need fewer or smaller graphics. Did you check with any of the webtools (http://www.1-hit.com/all-in-one/tool...me-checker.htm) to see how long it takes for the pages to load? It's a pretty handy tool.
                  Your images could be reduced in size (not physically, but electronically) quite a bit.
                  If you didnt want anyone to click anything, why include the link? How could I tell you how to speed up your site without seeing it?
                  Wow, that is a handy site...thank you very much :)

If you read back through the forum, people where saying that once they where in the site, they where hesitant in clicking any links to take them to another page...This is what I was upset about, I did not ask anyone to click any links while in the website that I gave them to go to any other page, I only wanted them to give me their opinion on the download time and how I can improve it. But all I got back is how nobody wanted to click any links while in the site, nobody really gave me any answers to what I was originally asking, that's all!

But thanks for your help, it's muchly appreciated! I shall go into PhotoShop and work on reducing my images.

Wayne

Comment

Hi Wayne,
                    download this very handy photo resizer, its easy and fast to use..

btw...I have a wireless link only and your home page was not too slow in loading......It might be helpful if you gave viewers a clue as to what they might be downloading and then they can decide to click or not to click....
                    Have fun
                    Regards..... David

Comment

Hi David

Thank you for the photo resizer.

Point taken...but I would never add anything other then what I am legitimately promoting or working on as a business. I know only too well what some of the scum out there can trick you into and the results or the damage it can create, and that is something that I am not and will never be!

So anyone reading this, please do not worry, I can assure you that my site and M2CGlobal are legit right down too the core. All my links within my site: http://www.ourm2cbiz.com either take you too the actual business site of M2CGlobal here: http://www.mym2c.com/act.php?wwebb or to the M2CGlobal forum here: http://www.m2cact.com which will show you how popular and real M2CGlobal is. I'll even back it up by providing my personal email address so you can contact me should you have any questions: wwebb2@tpg.com.au

Thanks again David...

Wayne :)

Comment

Hi Wayne
                        All above posts are like water under the bridge, never the same again.....
                        I went to your main site and its a credit to you or your company....
                        If you need any more help, please post here again as there are lots of willing
                        friends in these forums....
                        Have fun
                        Regards..... David

Comment

Working...
                        X