Importing an existing web site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing an existing web site

Hi I am wanting to know a few things as I am not really web site ****... I have a web site that someone built for me and they also host it.... I have to pay him everytime I want something updated.... I am wanting to do this myself using your software.... Questions..... can I import my existing site as is? Will all my links work and my email forwarding? If I want to change anything I can then do it? What else do I need to know? Do you then host it? What is the cost of this? Please help me with what else I may need to know Thanks! laura

Re: Importing an existing web site

Yes, you can create a site from scratch using BlueVoda

You can also "import" your existing site at least for the main content. However styles, Javascripts, and scripts will not be imported. You will need to do some work yourself.

Emails and links will work fine IF you change your Domain Name Servers to point to your VodaHost hosting account that you need to purchase.

Once you have created your site in BV you can change it whenever you like.

For pricing and more info: http://www.vodahost.com/
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Morning
      thanks for the reply.....
      OK - If I import my site some things will import as is others will need work as you say.... does this mean that I can work them to look exactly like or very close to my existing site?
      Also, while importing if it takes some "work" will my existing site still be live and viewable? (Will it still be as is till I change the domain server?)
      I don't know how long it will take me to get all of the work done and I don't want my site to be down while I am working on it
      Thanks again!
      Ciao!
      Laura

Comment

1. Yes
        2. Until you publish the modified pages, the ol, existing ones will be online
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X