Chat room with Bluevoda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat room with Bluevoda?

I am wanting to make a room with login and passwords and a chat box. Can someone tell me where to start?
    Kentucky Wide Design

Re: Chat room with Bluevoda?

Originally posted by ezradavis72 View Post
    I am wanting to make a room with login and passwords and a chat box. Can someone tell me where to start?
    It is a violation of VodaHost Terms of Service to upload or embed on any server (personal hosting account or Reseller) any executable files, scripts, programs, software, or proxies that would facilitate broadcasting, streaming, relay, or interactive functions like Chat, Conferencing, Webinar, etc. PERIOD.

You can, however, embed a script link on your page that links to an outside source that provides this 'chat' service for you as a 3rd party provider, as long as the interface does not run on a VodaHost server. There are a number of such providers to choose from if you do a Google search, and likely one will fit the parameters you are seeking.

Alternately
    , there are a couple of CRM utilities available to choose from for free in the Fantastico! section of your cPanel that will auto-install that include a Support Email/Ticket feature and thus make managing easier.

Lastly, this is why the standard recommendation has always been to suggest installing instead a 'dedicated' phpBB Forum, (which has similar response and topical organization), in a separate directory alongside your BV website, both which can also be auto-installed via Fantastico! in your cPanel (auto-creation of Directory, auto-installation of phpBB Forum).

S
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X