Converting email servers without disruption to service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting email servers without disruption to service

I am in the process of changing my email to vodahost and need some direction on the best process to insure that my emails continue to come through. My domain name was purchased through GoDaddy.com. I went to GoDaddy and added the domain name servers for vodahost. I did not replace the existing mail server name that I currently use. So I had four (4)domain name servers in the list at godaddy. I found that this really screwed up my email service. I could send email, but nobody at our company was able to receive emails through our existing email server.

How can I convert to Vodahost without disrupting my existing email service? Currently my email DNS is pointed to qns1.omunet.com & qns2.omunet.com. If I change this to the vodahost DNS there will be some delay in getting the DNS changed. What happens to the email that is sent while the DNS transfer is being made?

Re: Converting email servers without disruption to service

Id you have already pointed your domain at vodahost, just create the same email accounts that you already haqd, in your Vodahost CP. Then update your Outlook Express (or whatever other email client you use) settings with your Vodahost email servers that are : mail.yourdomain.com both for POP3 and SMTP. There will be no down time at all.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X