Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Website Review

Hello everyone.

Will you please look over my site: www.burfordmanor.com (It is not 100% complete, but then again, is any website really ever finished??) I know I still have to add photos to the events page, and a video to our virtual tour page, which I am working on as we speak.

This is the first website I have done, and used PhotoShop & Blue Voda. I am completely open to any suggestions ya'll have. I am having trouble with my contact page. I have the page designed, and have published it, but it just refuses to show up! It is supposed to be www.burfordmanor.com/contact.html I even deleted the page, renamed, resaved and republished as ....../contact-us.html, and it still will not show up. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance for taking the time to look at my site!

Angela

Re: New Website Review

Contact pages need to be published as PHP pages, according to the precise instructions in the Tutorial:
    > How To Create a Contact FORM From Scratch
    > Complete BlueVoda Video Tutorial Library

Very clean, very balanced and easy on the eye website, especially for a first go! I appreciate your implementation of refined flow and color to create a more inviting and easy to "interact" presentation that will serve you better off in the long run. Congratulations!

Because you have tightly composed 'modules' of Content on the index page, be sure this one page in particular is very cohesively optimized, using every available method in BlueVoda: Page Name, Page Title, Author, Description, Keywords, H-Tags, Image Titles, ALT Tags, etc. The minimalistic approach is more appealing to the thinking Visitor, but the built-in relevance is essential for the SE's to properly value your site beyond the index page.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      Contact pages need to be published as PHP pages
      Thank you, Vasili.

I checked the page properties on my contact page, and it was already saved & published as .php. I was trying to recall it as .html, and that's why it would not show up. I will update all of the links on the site for that page.

Thanks for your review & input,

Angela

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        ... be sure this one page in particular is very cohesively optimized, using every available method in BlueVoda: Page Name, Page Title, Author, Description, Keywords, H-Tags, Image Titles, ALT Tags, etc. The minimalistic approach is more appealing to the thinking Visitor, but the built-in relevance is essential for the SE's to properly value your site beyond the index page.
        I cannot emphasize this enough .... it will prove critical to your site being indexed properly rather than ignored or penalized (based on build alone).

Be sure also to have a properly configured sitemap.xml file linked to your site once you have made final changes to it, and to reconfigure it after any subsequent updates.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X