My background will not show in page preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My background will not show in page preview

I am trying to create a page with my own background (image). At the beginning everything works. I go to the page property thing and upload my image. Have it strechted all over the space etc. However, when I try to preview the result in Explorer, Chrome or Mozilla it won't show - background dissapears and only my text and buttons are on there. What do I actually need to do, to have it show? While I am using it in BlueVoda file everything is beautiful, as soon as I use the preview option the background image is gone.

Re: My background will not show in page preview

Never "manipulate" images manually by using the toggles in the corners, as this will distort them entirely!
    Use a photo editor instead, where you can properly enter a size needed and which will be applied proportionately at the same time the file size itself is reduced to a more optimal size for better page rendering and browser loading (optimized),

If you do not have a software title of your own, download the free PixResizer from VodaHost.

"Cannot see background in Preview"
    1. Be sure the image you have selected is one of the allowable file types: .jpg .gif. png
    2. Be sure to use an image that has bee properly "prepared" for use as a page background (see directions below).
    3. Be sure you are properly embedding your image by right-clicking on it and "SEND TO BACK"
    4. Using the BlueVoda Toolbar, "Lock" all the elements on your page so they cannot move or shift.
    5. SAVE the page prior to using Preview or Publishing.
    6. Be sure your browsers are up to date, and that you are using the most current version with corrected image rendering coding (IE9 has the coding that corrected the transparency issues that IE8 could not resolve properly).
    7. Be sure your browser is not hanging or needs to be flushed > How to Flush Your DNS
    8. Do not have multiple Tabs open in your Preview browser at the same time, being sure to close previous Preview sessions afterwards so the browser can better render a "local version" of the page.

HOW TO MAKE A BACKGROUND (IMAGE) FOR YOUR WEB PAGE IN BLUE VODA

You will basically have to create an image 1/3 size (since that is the extent that you can manipulate and "see" an image in the BV workpane) that when completed, you will make larger to use properly. For most monitor resolutions, any background needs to be at least 1750-1800 pixels wide so it will not "tile" across the screen. And, given most web pages are at least 800-1500 pixels tall, this also must fit into the dimensional image we are going to make.

1. We will make a single image 600 pixels wide and 500 pixels tall, and when resized 3 times, it will give us a usable background image 1800 x 1500.
    2. In your current BV page that has the temporary "stripe" running across the background, click on it once to reveal the actual size of this shape (you can see the width and height in the X-Y Axis Plotter in the far bottom-right of your BV workpane).
    3. If it is say, 65 pixels tall, we can round up to instead make it an easy 66 to then create a 1/3 size in our image building as 21 pixels tall.
    4. Note the position of the temporary shape still being clicked ... again the X-Y Axis will show the exact position of how far down the page it is. Again, we will use a 1/3 value of this position to apply to our building process. For example, if it was 175 pixels down from the top, we'll round up again to 180 and use 60 pixels from the top of our basic background for precise positioning. (It may be 1-3 pixls off, but when enlarged this degree of accuracy is not really that important)
    5. In a new BV page, create a shape 600 pixels wide and 500 pixels tall, color it the way you want it to be, and place it completely furthest top-left against the page rules so you can measure placement accurately later. Make sure you have selected "Anti-Alias" in Shape Properties, and have reduced/eliminated any border.
    6. Create the stripe" that is to run across the entire background, placing it at the 1/3 page position from the top of the background shape. Color it as desired, also setting Anti-Alias andwith no border. Make sure you then set the height at the 1/3 height as required.
    7. Now ... using your Keyboard, hit SHIFT + A to "select all the items on you page. Now you will move them DOWN and RIGHT ... away from the BV Page Margins and Rules: you will need to have some white border around your image to properly crop!
    8. Take a SCREENSHOT/PrintScreen of this image on the BV Workpage.
    9. If you have a Photo-editor that allows it, and if you don't you will use MS Publisher ... open whichever and PASTE AS NEW IMAGE this screenshot. (In Publisher, it is PASTE onto a blank page.)
    10. In the Photo Editor, you can now re-size the image to 1800 pixels wide (and the ratio will automatically take care of the height). SHAR PEN the image (and if available, DE-SPECKLE), and SAVE as a JPG file with a new name.
    11. You can now select this new background image to import directly from your local system to load to your webpage in each page's PAGE PROPERTIES.

> A Very Cool PhotoEditor Package, 80% off - only $14.99 (One of the titles I use)
    > Free Photo Editor
    > Top Free Photo Editor Picks For Windows
    > Free Online Photo Editor
    > Free Photo Editor Bundle (Gimp)

I personally use JASC Pro Paint & Photo Editor, and there are a couple versions Free to downlaod if you Google it. The key is to find one that you can "paste" or "Copy as New Image" your screenshots into and crop, etc. normally.

> How To Set Up Page Properties in BlueVoda
    (backgrounds, fonts, META, etc.)
    * Note: Tutorial is dated - Backgrounds are defined in the updated "Formatting" Tab in PAGE PROPERTIES, not the "Background" Tab shown in the Tutorial.

> Complete BlueVoda Tutorial Library...
    Complete A-Z video tutorials covering all aspects of building and publishing a website with the BlueVoda website builder.

> Complete Tutorial Archive (BlueVoda, Control Panel, Email, DNS, more)
    > VodaHost Web Building Knowledgebase
    > Useful Resources & Help Center
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X