This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building Pages from Template

I made a template page with a drop down menu. I have about 10 pages made. Now I want to add more pages to the menu because I forgot a few. How do I get the other pages to update automatically? I thought that if I added the pages to the menu on the template, the menu on the other pages would automatically update? What am I missing here? I have a feeling it is something simple, lol! Perhaps there is a walkthrough somewhere? The only two tutorials I can find are on how to add shapes and make a template, lol! And also how to upload BlueVoda templates. I need to know how to save and use and update. Does that make sense? I am so frustrated. I even searched through Google and Youtube. I am beginning to feel pretty dumb :(

Re: Help! Building pages from Template

Each page must be manually updated - there is no "automatic updating" feature that BV12 will allow with the new WC3 compliant coding: to make things easier, make your updates on the Menu on your 'index' page, and then COPY + PASTE (using the Icons, not the Commands - as this will paste each in the precise same position on the pages) the updated menu on all subsequent pages.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you! I thought I was going crazy or something, lol!
      I guess the average person doesn't have near the amount of pages I will have. I am starting a graphics site for all types of graphics for each holiday and event, sayings and greetings, and people's names. That is why I will have so many pages. Sometimes I might add a person's name and want to update the navigation menu. I guess I will just do what you said and copy and paste using the icons.

I appreciate your help very much!

Have a great day! :)

Comment

You also!

It can be a pain, updating pages manually as such, but really in the scope of things, it isn't that big a deal after seeing your site perfectly completed!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Yes, I do agree! Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
          X