• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost for a solution

Hi,

The site URL

I have created a form using the wizard - /contact.php

The form sends the detail off the form to the correct email - but yet when clicking the submit button it
    gives 404 error.
    I assume that this means it cannot find the /success.html form.
    I have looked and relooked - but must be missing something - can some one make a suggstion as to why this
    does not continue to the /sucess.html form but yet sends the contact information to my email
    Thank you
    J.M. Monsma
    FX Systems
    eMarketing S.A.

Re: Lost for a solution

You must manually CREATE a "Success" page and publish it using normal publishing procedures ... make a page using your page layout, and simply put something like "Thank you for your communication. Pleas allow up to 24 hours for a personal reply" as the message on the page, and publish it separately.

YOUR SITE sends the Form, but there is no "Success" Page on the server for the script to "find" to display afterwards!

Be sure to check that you have reset in PAGE PROPERTIES the PUBLISH PAGE AS back to HTML from the PHP selection required for the FROM page.

ONCE AGAIN ... this is likely due to not paying close attention to the Tutorials ... you can pause them at any time in order to do each task yourself in real-time, and then resume to the next step, you know ....

>
    Form Wizard – Creating a form from Scratch
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      You must manually CREATE a "Success" page and publish it using normal publishing procedures ... make a page using your page layout, and simply put something like "Thank you for your communication. Pleas allow up to 24 hours for a personal reply" as the message on the page, and publish it separately.

YOUR SITE sends the Form, but there is no "Success" Page on the server for the script to "find" to display afterwards!

Be sure to check that you have reset in PAGE PROPERTIES the PUBLISH PAGE AS back to HTML from the PHP selection required for the FROM page.

ONCE AGAIN ... this is likely due to not paying close attention to the Tutorials ... you can pause them at any time in order to do each task yourself in real-time, and then resume to the next step, you know ....

>
      Form Wizard – Creating a form from Scratch
      Hi Vasili,

Well, I'm not sure I agree with you about my paying attention - I did indeed create the sucess and error pages manually
      I have read your chastisement meeted out to the naughty peopel who dont pay attention, so I truly had tried to be extra vigilant so as not to be subjected the wrath of your comments - however, I have redone all and spent another 3 or 4 hours looking over and listening to the video -
      I CAN NOT SEE WHAT IS WRONG -SO PLEASE HELP - I UNDERSTAND THAT I COULD BE A NUISANCE, BUT WHERE ELSE SHALL I GO - I do not have your knowldge and can simply not find the error, so I shall again accept whatever you may say to me as long as I can get this sorted out- bellieve me i treid without having to return to you for further advice.
      I can not get it right so please help.

I am grateful for you help and accept my lack of knowledge.

having redone everything my error message comes up as follows- I can not begin to understand what this means.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/rbtjohei/public_html/emarketingsa.com/contact.php on line 80

thank you again.

url http://www.emarketingsa.com

/profile.html
      /contact.php
      /success.html
      /error.html
      J.M. Monsma
      FX Systems
      eMarketing S.A.

Comment

Originally posted by JMM View Post
        Hi Vasili,

Well, I'm not sure I agree with you about my paying attention - I did indeed create the sucess and error pages manually
        I have read your chastisement meeted out to the naughty peopel who dont pay attention, so I truly had tried to be extra vigilant so as not to be subjected the wrath of your comments - however, I have redone all and spent another 3 or 4 hours looking over and listening to the video -
        I CAN NOT SEE WHAT IS WRONG -SO PLEASE HELP - I UNDERSTAND THAT I COULD BE A NUISANCE, BUT WHERE ELSE SHALL I GO - I do not have your knowldge and can simply not find the error, so I shall again accept whatever you may say to me as long as I can get this sorted out- bellieve me i treid without having to return to you for further advice.
        I can not get it right so please help.

I am grateful for you help and accept my lack of knowledge.

having redone everything my error message comes up as follows- I can not begin to understand what this means.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/rbtjohei/public_html/emarketingsa.com/contact.php on line 80

thank you again.

url http://www.emarketingsa.com

/profile.html
        /contact.php
        /success.html
        /error.html
        Subsequent to my above reply i have redone all again spending hours and hours trying to get by without having to ask - but no joy - now the forms work and the sucess page appears but it dends no information off the form - it sends only the following

Values submitted from web site form:
        IP Address : 41.31.106.69

What have I done wrong?

thank you
        J.M. Monsma
        FX Systems
        eMarketing S.A.

Comment

Vasili,
          Thank you for the bit of attention you gave me herein, I have sorted it out apart from one problem, but I'm sure someone will help me somewhere on thi forum
          thank you
          Stay well
          J.M. Monsma
          FX Systems
          eMarketing S.A.

Comment

Open the form properties and set the Encoding type to multipart/form-data also set at least 1 or 2 fields to be validated and maybe a captcha, this will reduce the amount of spam emails.
            Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Make sure you don't have a quote ' or " in your Subject or other field of the form processor properties.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval Design,
                Thank you for the reply, I have been able to rsolve the issue - I redid all. Now Its working clearly telling me that I had an error in my first set up.
                Thank you
                J.M. Monsma
                FX Systems
                eMarketing S.A.

Comment

Glad that by following the steps precisely you were finally able to figure out what it was and could move on!
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                  X