Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally done !!!

Hi Guys

My mammoth project is finally done . It may not seem like much , but believe me I spent the last two weeks in front of the computer to get my bookstore up and running . I would really appreciate when someone takes the time to go through more than just the main page to check if everything works properly .
    Amanda , nice new site you made . I am ashamed that you're able to build three new sites in the time it takes me to make one :)

Michael
    www.michaelspokerwatch.com
    www.michaelspokerwatch.com/Amazon.html

Re: finally done !!!

Nice,

I started checking links but you make it a little hard to do - and that's not good for customers. As soon as I pick a page to go to from the home page - I can't get back to it unless I want to use either my back button numerous times or your arrows back and then my back button. I really am a big believer that all your navigation pages that you think are important from your home page, need to be reachable from all pages.

Also, I clicked on animals - checked a few different ones - then went back to the home page - and thought, no I want to look at more of the animals - and it won't let me. I cannot select animals again unless I leave your site and come back to it. I could select a different category, tho.

So, I go to Biographies - select Actresses, see, nah, don't want to be here - want actors - but can't get there from here - have to go back.

I think you need to add more navigation options from all pages, instead of making people have to go back and forth. It would be simple to add those drop down lists to more pages.

The links I did try worked, but I got tired of going back and forth to test them :) - and got lost about which I'd done and not done.

Overall, it looks good - just tweak to make it easier to move around.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by mipeth
      Hi Guys

My mammoth project is finally done . It may not seem like much , but believe me I spent the last two weeks in front of the computer to get my bookstore up and running . I would really appreciate when someone takes the time to go through more than just the main page to check if everything works properly .
      Amanda , nice new site you made . I am ashamed that you're able to build three new sites in the time it takes me to make one :)

Michael
      Hiya Michael.

Don't be daft, my sites are an Nth the size of yours! Lol. I do agree with the point Bethers has made. You already know I like your layout, design and colours etc, although I would add that, personally, I would prefer not to have to hit the 'go' button - click on subject should automatically take me their BUT that is just my preference. Apart from that it seems perfect. I tried quite a few categories and all worked properly and the pages were titled correctly,

You've done a fabulous job and I'm not at all surprised that it has taken you three weeks. Well done and good luck.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I agree with Bethers. I see where your red back arrow at the bottom of the pages will take you back to the category and then back to your main page. At the very least, I would move that arrow up to the top of pages instead of the bottom and label it. I like your header and the pictures of the books.

I gotta ask though, what is the purpose of the ancient pictures and symbols? I like them, I just don't understand what it has to do with books? I may be missing something.

Overall though it is comfortable and relaxing and other than a little challenging to navigate, I really like it. Good Luck!
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

You girls give me a hard time . But I see your point , it is not very comfortable to jump all the way back to the main page to go to another category . I want to keep the layout simple and don't want to overload it with buttons , so I added Links on the main category site . I will try to do something similar to the other pages but that will take a while . About my background and the theme , I thought nothing fits better on a book site than ancient egypt because these people actually invented the book . Even though they used papyrus and sandstone to write on . In the Cartouches on the left , I wrote the title of the page in hieroglyphs but they are more for decoration ( and for my personal pleasure because I'm an ancient egypt fan ) . Thanks though for your quick replies , I really appreciate that and I let you know when I'm done with the improvements .

Michael

Comment

The ladies have taken care of the big stuff so let me nit pick a bit. You have a misspelling throughout -" ratet" rather than "rated". Capital letters are sometimeas used - sometimes not - and for a book site you might want to stay conventional - grammatically speaking.

I can see the huge amount of work that went into the site and I sure hope it works out well for you.

DDS
            Dave
            http://www.peacoatpress.com
            ddstiles@cox.net

Comment

Michael: Your explanation of your background and theme is Wonderful! I love it. Is it possible to just put a little blurb about that on your homepage somewhere, maybe on an image of papyrus or sandstone? Just a thought. I love the hieroglyphs, but to some of us who don't know the history, it would be educational to have a little something. You've put a huge amount of work into this and just a little more tweeking and by George I think you'll have it!
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

You girls give me a hard time . But I see your point , it is not very comfortable to jump all the way back to the main page to go to another category . I want to keep the layout simple and don't want to overload it with buttons , so I added Links on the main category site . I will try to do something similar to the other pages but that will take a while . About my background and the theme , I thought nothing fits better on a book site than ancient egypt because these people actually invented the book . Even though they used papyrus and sandstone to write on . In the Cartouches on the left , I wrote the title of the page in hieroglyphs but they are more for decoration ( and for my personal pleasure because I'm an ancient egypt fan ) . Thanks though for your quick replies , I really appreciate that and I let you know when I'm done with the improvements .

Michael
                Aw bless. We don't mean to. Lol. We just want to help you make the most of your site so that it, can in return, make the most for you. You'll get there.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Sorry guys , I had to make a computer break for a few hours :)
                  Thanks again for your replies . Thanks Dave for letting me know of my typos . I did it right on the main page and messed it up on all the others . Thank you very much Floor Lady (sorry , it's hard to call you by that name without turning red ) for that idea with the "blurb" , this will be my next big project . I'll do a little research and change my main page . I love that idea . that will probably take a little while but I promise you'll like the results. I also got rid of the go buttons and the pages will all be linked together soon . The only thing I will not change , is the red arrow . I just don't think it looks right at the top of the page . I know that you all just want to help , Amanda and you can see that it works. Thanks again , I'll be back next week with the result .

Michael

Comment

Michael: With the other changes you made in getting around the site, I think the red arrow is fine where it is. As long as people know to scroll down the page on those pages that are longer, they'll figure it out.

Please feel free to call me Cindy. I keep forgetting to put my name at the end of a post!

Just a thought. It appears to me from reading the various threads, that the websites with the most awesome potential are the ones that get a lot of suggestions and for that reason, like Amanda said, we just want you to get the most out of a site that you have put so much in to. Good Luck and I look foward to seeing more next week!

Cindy (I did it!!)
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Wow, I thought your website was "GREAT"!!!!!!
                      I've been working on mine for the last week and believe me...............................Mine doesn't even come close to what you have created!!!!!

VERY NICE !
                      Debbye
                      (I know you must have put your whole heart & soul into it!)

Comment

Hi Guys

Michael
                        Love the background, very nice looking site,

Just one point I found the page width just over my screen size.

Good luck with your site.
                        www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
                        BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
                        Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

Working...
                        X