Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what code do I need so my webapges can be tweeted w.o. site having a twitter account

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what code do I need so my webapges can be tweeted w.o. site having a twitter account

My website british-cemetery-elvas.org is not commercial and I don't want the site to have its own twitter account.

Is there a 'passive' twitter code I can link to a t-icon so visitors to the site can tweet pages to their followers?

Thank you for any help,
    Sarah
    Sarah
    british-cemetery-elvas.org

Re: what code do I need so my webapges can be tweeted w.o. site having a twitter acco

No. Either you link to a Twitter Page or you don't, and if you do not, then there is no Twitter Identity to forward.

You will have to rely instead on a common "Share" utility that can otherwise distribute via Twitter, such as can be found and custom configured at www.AddThis.com
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: what code do I need so my webapges can be tweeted w.o. site having a twitter acco

Hmm. Can you tell me if the code below would work. I participate in a forum that has what I will call passive links to twitter and facebook on each page. The forum doesn´t have either a twitter or a facebook identity. But viewers can tweet the page to others or do whatever people do on facebook. I was hoping to put a similar passive link on my british-cemetery-elvas.org site. The administrator gave me the code he uses - http://twitter.com/home?status={TOPIC_TITLE}: {TOPIC_URL} Would that work on Blue Voda and where would I put it.
      Thanks for your help.
      Sarah
      british-cemetery-elvas.org

Comment

No - the code and method offered to you will not work on BlueVoda pages just as explained above.

You will need to use instead a "Sharing" method just as offered by www.AddThis.com ... and if you are entirely specific with the configuration of that tool, you can show only the Twitter icon for Visitors to "share" (re-distribute) your page, Content, or other item.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X