Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clone a new page or copy and save as a new page?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clone a new page or copy and save as a new page?

Hello,

I need help understanding my problems I a having with buevoda12 publising.
    OK, I will give an example
    lets say I have a web site call months.com for example.
    Normaly with my other web sites this is how I have done it in the past.
    I start off with index page i create background lettering, navigation bar maybe some pictures.
    I save it and publish all files
    now my next page will be january. So i open my index page change the title to january change the picture and "save as" january then i publish all files.
    now I would do the same for the rest of my pages.
    It has always been ok do do this"lazy" style in the past with my other sites.
    Now I am updating a site in bluevoda 12 now and things are not going so well, nothing is publishing correctly.
    Should I have cloned my index page and then saved as January
    I have noticed allot of posts lately where others are having same issues and I have not seen any responses back that gave answers that solved it. I did post before on here with my actual web site that I have the issues with but I was told I broke forum rules by posting it twice. I am sorry about that , Did not mean to make that person upset. I am simply just trying to fix what I am doing wrong. So I am just using an example here to see if this is whats causing my problems. Also If the way I am doing it is wrong. if I ever need to go and edit my other web sites, will they publish wrong now that It is bluevoda12?
    I am sorry if I sound stupid, it always worked in the past,just want to find the proper way, fix it and continue to make the pages and not waste anyones time. I hope this post is easily understood and some one can calmly help me. Thank You!

Re: Clone a new page or copy and save as a new page?

Originally posted by metroweb View Post
    Should I have cloned my index page and then saved as January?
    Yes!

If you cannot deal with this method as required by the newer coding of BV12, you might try "reverting" back to an earlier version of BlueVoda: review this post for details.

Ref:

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post364650
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X