How to bookmark????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to bookmark????

Ok, Now I'm having trouble "BookMarking" one of my pages. It is soooooo simple..........please tell me what I am doing wrong????

Thanks,
    Debbye

Re: How to bookmark????

http://www.cateryourparty.com/rental.html

I need to "bookmark" a section within
    http://www.cateryouparty.com/margarita.html

In otherwords, I want to click on a picture in the first URL and take me to the 2nd URL (where it talks about "Margarita Mixes").

Thanks,
    Debbye

Comment

I have clicked on your top right pic and it took me to the other URL. So it seems to be working.Maybe i have not understood it well?
      Last edited by navaldesign; 04-23-2006, 08:01 AM.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval,
        You are right, it does take you to the right page, but I want to go to the "bookmark" within that page.........where it talks about Margarita Mixes.

Thanks,
        Deb

Comment

Then have a look at Bookmarks Between Pages
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval,
            Again, I must (not) be naming the bookmark correctly or something.
            The 1st page is:
            http://www.cateryourparty.com/rental.html
            I want to be able to click on the top (right) picture on that page...and also on the words "Margarita Mixes" and go to the bookmark I have on:http://www.cateryourparty.com/margarita.html
            I've positioned the bookmark right in front of where it starts talking about margarita mixes (down the page).
            The name is: margarita.html#mixes
            Is that correct???

Thanks,
            Debbye

Comment

Hey Debbye,

Your link would look as follows;

http://www.cateryourparty.com/margarita.html#mixes

(click on it)

That should do it.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi Andy!
                Thanks for replying. Your right, my link takes me to the right page. But, I want to go to the part within that page that talks about the Margarita Mixes. I have a bookmark inserted. What pray tell am I doing wrong????

Thanks,
                Deb

Comment

Deb, Andy just gave you the answer - if you click on what he did - it takes you to that part of the page.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

I'm sorry,
                    But when you click on the link - it takes you to the (TOP) of the page. It is not taking me to where my bookmark is.

I'm sorry I'm not understanding. I just know what I want it to do and I'm not seeing it. I have the link exactly as Andy has is. What should the correct name of my bookmark be?????

Thanks,
                    Deb

Comment

Debbye

Which link are you talking about- the link in my post? IF you click on my link- it should take you to the middle of the page where the bottles are.

Try clearing out your computers temp files cache. Make sure that IE is set to check for newer versions of stored pages upon every visit. (Tools>Internet Options> Then in the Temporary Internet Files section click on settings>*Every visit to page

If you are clicking on my link and it is taking you to the top of the page- perhaps it is using a previously stored link?

Anyway- all you have to do is add " # " and then your bookmark name to the end of your link for the bookmark to work.

Let us know if the above fixes it.

Andy
                      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Click on Andy's link. You're now on another page. Now scroll down the page until you come to a picture of Mixes and you'll see the paragraph about Margarita Mixes. To the right of that picture is where I have my bookmark. Isn't this spot where the link should take me (if I have the bookmark named correctly). In properties for the bookmark I have the name as mixes
                        Is this correct?

Deb

Comment

Hi Andy,
                          Oh my gosh! That was the problem. I had it right all along. thanks so much. I had to F5 about 50 times before it cleared it. I use Netscape, so within Tools there is nothing on Internet options for me to go into. I looked all around and couldn't find anything to change those settings you are talking about.

Thanks! Thanks!! and Thanks!!!!!
                          Debbye

Comment

Debbye-

Great! So many things to remember- it will drive one batty!

Have a good day.

Andy
                            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                            X