This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discount code

I offer two purchase options at a time using PayPal buttons... How can I allow clients to use a discount code?

Re: Discount code

You will need to generate your code for buttons and such directly on the PayPal site, and apply the custom coding as described by PayPal in detail here > https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...des/td-p/38826
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I contacted PayPal and they said I need a third party shopping cart with a discount code option that I can then link to PayPal. Is that something I can do in Blue Voda an if so, how? Thanks!

Comment

No, they are telling you that you need a fully-featured "Shopping Cart" such as ZEN Cart, Cube Cart, osCommerce, or Soholaunch. Each of these shopping cart scripts are fully pre-configured with many of the features you would expect to find in a professional eCommmerce website, and each has the ability to process your payments via PayPal as a selected option.

Each of these shopping cart scripts can be installed with a few clicks via Fantastico auto-installer, which is a free feature in the Control Panel of every customer of VodaHost that purchases hosting.

Each of these shopping cart scripts include at least one default Template (theme) layout that can be customized easily enough to varying degrees according to each User's willingness to learn, and all have many Premium Templates available that have been professionally created for that special look and feel you might be seeking (again, even the Premium templates can be "customized" with your own logo, header, etc.).

In addition to doing a Google Search on each cart mentioned to learn more about how they might prove more suitable for you, this Forum Thread may be of some use in deciding which to use > Comparing Shopping Carts: Fantastico + Magento

Comment

Thank you! I tried to install Soholaunch via Fantastico and got the following message: "You chose to install in the main directory of the domain pdparenting.com, but there are conflicting filenames, therefore we can not proceed. Following filenames already exist in the main directory of the domain pdparenting.com (path="/home/pdparent/public_html/"). You must manually remove these files before proceeding with auto-installation: images"

Which files exactly do I delete?

Thanks!

Comment

You are trying to install Soholaunch over your already installed website at pdparenting.com, and must instead install Soho in it's own directory ...

In the installations process, one of the first things you must "answer" is "What directory is this to be installed?" and if you type in a name for your new Soho shop, Fantastico will automatically create a new directory and install it for you.

For instance, if you choose to name it "store" and type that into the little box, Fantastico will create a directory and install Soho into that directory for you. Youur link to your new "store" will look like this: http://www/PDparenting.com/store/

IF, however, you wish to replace your current website with a new Soholaunch version, you will need to logon to your hosting account via cPanel and using FILE MANAGER drill in to your public_htm/ Root directory and delete all the page files for your previously published BV Website. THEN you can install Soholaunch onto your Root directory.

Comment

Thank you! Unfortunately, I'm unable to type anything into that box (my currently installed website is the only option...) How can I be allowed to type something different there?

Comment

Type ANY new name into the box to create a new sub-directory automatically .... Soholaunch must be installed in it's own directory ... as I stated above, if you wish to keep the site currently in your public_html/ directory, you will need to create a new one!

Comment

Working...
                X