This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youtube on my site

I had a video added on my site yesterday with the YouTube tool on Vodahost. It works with my browsers at home, but does not work on my ****** or droid. It worked briefly for a time yesterday when I first updated the site, but as I added to the site it stopped working I didn't know it at the time because I kept checking update from my home pc. I tried to add a new one just to try and it doesn't appear either. I cleared everything from my home browsers, still works. Did same or phones, still doesn't work. I deleted from site, updated, added back to site updated, still nothing. Works on my laptops at home and my desktop. It's marked Yes for syndication on YouTube to appear on phones and it's a public video.

Here is the long link

Re: Youtube on my site

If you embed the YouTube video with the 'HTML' tool under the advanced option it will show on my phone, just not when I use the YouTube tool. Also, can't you get that HTML box to resize automatically? Or add something I can enter a predefined sized I want the box to appear. Its not good pulling that thing to expand it.

Originally posted by mark.davis19 View Post
    I had a video added on my site yesterday with the YouTube tool on Vodahost. It works with my browsers at home, but does not work on my ****** or droid. It worked briefly for a time yesterday when I first updated the site, but as I added to the site it stopped working I didn't know it at the time because I kept checking update from my home pc. I tried to add a new one just to try and it doesn't appear either. I cleared everything from my home browsers, still works. Did same or phones, still doesn't work. I deleted from site, updated, added back to site updated, still nothing. Works on my laptops at home and my desktop. It's marked Yes for syndication on YouTube to appear on phones and it's a public video.

Here is the long link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkCT00keOi8

Comment

RE: www.justmusicinc.net

To embed a YouTube video on your BoueVoda website, you simply follow the detailed instructions in the Video Tutorial to use BlueVoda tools and methods, not any 'foreign' tools like the YouTube installer!

There is no "presets" for size of the BlueVoda HTML Media Box - you must manually "edit" the embed code from YouTube to change the size of the Player that displays on your BlueVoda page.

Please review the thread that explains all of this, and the Tutorials mention in the thread:
      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/add...-bluevoda.html
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for your reply, but your answer isn't to the issue I am having or what I was asking about 'size'. Let me try to be more clear. Blue Voda has a 'YouTube' option under insert/advanced area to add a video to my site from youtube. I'm only using what blue Voda is providing, no outside tools. If I add a YouTube video in this manner, the video will not appear on mobile devices. If I embed a YouTube code, using HTML it does appear on mobile devices. When I put the HTML 'box' on my site (grey box that has HTML across the middle). The generic place holder doesn't represent the actual size the 'video' or HTML code may actually appear on the live site. Soo when building a page the 'generic place holder' doesn't allow you to base where you're actually going to place that HTML item. Understand? I'm trying

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        RE: www.justmusicinc.net

To embed a YouTube video on your BoueVoda website, you simply follow the detailed instructions in the Video Tutorial to use BlueVoda tools and methods, not any 'foreign' tools like the YouTube installer!

There is no "presets" for size of the BlueVoda HTML Media Box - you must manually "edit" the embed code from YouTube to change the size of the Player that displays on your BlueVoda page.

Please review the thread that explains all of this, and the Tutorials mention in the thread:
        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/add...-bluevoda.html

Comment

Re-read my reply carefully: I understand completely what you are tryng to do, and I was obvious in stating you must "customize" the code itself to create a size desired.

The method of adding the code into a BlueVoda HTML Box is correct ... and it acts only to "contain" the script on the page.
          The "placement" of the player will always (and only) correspond to the uppermost-left corner of the HTML Box to pinpoint the reference of positioning on your page: if your configure the code to display a 400x275 pixel Player, it does not matter if your BV HTML Box is 900x100 or 45x30 -- the script runs according to how it was configured, not according to the size of the BV HTML Box -- they will all identify the X-Y Axis of absolute position on your page in reference to the top-left corner of the HTML Box = the top-left corner of the 400x275 Player Display.

The issue is you not understanding that the Player is being configured too large for a native display on your cell, which is why it will not function.
          A website page that can be viewed optimally on a computer, tablet, or other "Smart" device (including ANDROID or iOS) is static in size and usually can display pages without distortion or size issues (although some devices will require scrolling side to side or top to bottom, or both).

HOWEVER .... an optimally designed web page will not suffice for mobile display, nor will the page display "reform" sizes of defined objects to "fit" the device itself. THIS is why there is still a need for a MOBI type site that has it's own overall page size parameters to provide optimal viewability, even though there are many "Smart" phones that may or may not have the ability to display normal page sizes.

The width of a MOBI site is usually designed no wider than 600 pixels (475 has always been the optimal, so things are not so small they become illegible). Accordingly, when designing a MOBI site within these standards, this is why there is an obvious difference in the site design itself: text links instead of dynamic menus, less "clutter" on the page, differently formatted images, and non-embedded videos -- instead, a link is provided to a hosted video so when clicked, it "opens a new tab" to play the file independently of the site).

The good thing about considering a MOBI site build is the fact the necessary DnD (Detect and Direct) script can tell if a device needs/prefers the MOBI format or not, and seamlessly will re-direct the device to the MOBI site without any action required from the visitor. In this way, the script itself is the filter for you, to decide if the device needs to be switched to the MOBI site or can properly display a normally sized page view.

You need to decide what logic you truly need to pay attention to to best present your web content optimally.

Take full use of the resources provided to decide well > Create MOBI Webs With Blue Voda
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X