X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addon domain pages not displaying

Hello,

I have been strugling with the following issue for several days now - please help.
    I my main domain "honeymoonsailing.net" I have 8 pages published in directory "home_html/", then I added Addon domain "sailinggenesis.com" and published only 2 pages in it's directory "home_html/sailinggenesis.com/" . I checked filr manager and everything sseems to be in the right place there.

Now the problem - when I type my Addon domain URL in the browser as soon as I hit enter the text in the browser window switches to my main domain URL and all of the 8 pages could be accessed, not just 2 that I published in my Addon domain.

The only way I can access the page published in my Addon domain is if I type the full page URL www.sailinggenesis.com/index.html/ in the browser. As soon as I hit any of the navigation buttons it takes me back to my Main domain and displays everything. Not just 2 pages that are published in the Add on domain.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Addon domain pages not displaying

1. You'll find some useful tips on publishing to a Sub-Domain in this post (and in this post).

2. Be sure you know the difference between an Add-On Domain and a Sub-Domain, as outlined in this thread.

3. Lastly, be sure you know the difference between a Sub-Directory and a Sub-Domain as discussed at length in this thread.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili,

Most of your advice was in regards of subdomain which is something I am not interested in. Unfortunately the advice #2 has a broken link so I could not double check that I fully understand the difference between Addon domain and subdomain. I have noticed that in the cpanel under the icon of subdomain there was a subdomain created as soon as I added my Addon domain (don't know if that is of any help)

When I added my Addon domain "sailinggenesis.com" i followed exactly the video tutorial. Yes, I do own that domain and it is registered with Netfirms by I have changed DNS to Voda Host.

When I published the pages to this Addon domain I did it in directory: home_html/sailinggenesis.com/

Why is it, that typing URL for this Addon domain in the browser takes me instantly to the main domain and displays it's full content (not just pages published in Addon domain???

I hope I am explaining this problem good enough.

Thanks upfront for your help.

Petr

Comment

If you click on this link> www.SailingGenesis.com it will deliver you to the "index" page of your Add-On Domain as it should. A website needs to have an "index" page to default as the first page, and it must be published using all lowercase letters using the Publish Dialog Box within BlueVoda as seen as: public_html/sailinggenesis.com
        All additional pages are published to the same directory, with the same entry in the Publish Dialog Box.

At this time, there is nothing apparently "wrong" with your Add-On Domain ..... maybe only the links you are using.

If you read this helpful post, there is a clear explanation of how hyperlinks are to be created for all different types of sites (Add-On, Sub-Domain, and Sub-Directory) so there should be no confusion on how to use or create links at all. You may need to review it and the Tutorials further until you have a rock-solid understanding.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you Vasili,

I don't know how or why but last night everything started to open the way it is supposed to. No more jumping from Addon to main domain. I didn't even changed anything - it just happened.

Thanks for all your help it was appreciated.

Petr

Comment

Working...
          X