Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I REALLY need some help now please

Marc www.fakeitbikinistore.co.uk

I'm in trouble here, I have loaded the eCommerce package but haven't had any joy using it - somewhat limited and I can't find a way to reset it back to the template?

I have somewhat successfully used blue voda to create a home page of which I want to launch. When I do this - I cannot overwrite the basic original page?

Once this is done, I think I can add a sub domain to this site and set a link to a shopping site: www.fakeitbikinishop.co.uk, is this correct?

Would really appreciate some help here, and a buddy contact....

please someone....
    Marc Sanders

Currently working on: www.fakeitbikinistore.co.uk
    Messenger: tealc_of_chulak********.com

My philosophy: keep your friends close, enemies closer.....!

Re: Ok I REALLY need some help now please

Marc, which ecommerce package are you trying to use?

If you look at my A Child's Palace store you'll see a store completely made in BV - with no e-commerce package. But that's the shopping cart I selected. There are lots of ways you can build the store, including using OSCommerce, Zen Cart or Soho (which all have their own feel, and all will mean not using BV for the most part) unless you really do extra work. It depends on which you think will be best for you and also how your people will be paying.

If you can give me more info - I'll be glad to try to help.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Bethers, Thanks for the reply - difficult with the time difference here actching people..

I have been trying to use fantastico (SOHO ADMIN)? I think. I found it was quite unfriendly in its design capabilities. Fonts etc, and layout.

This infact isn't a problem as such for the online shop itself, but to get a main page up is painful!

That asside, I have great success with blue voda and have come up with my main page (all be it without links, but the design is set..)

I really would like to get this launched asap - but the soholaunch site is still present when I launch it?

Appreciated
      Marc Sanders

Comment

I also built in Soho, then fell back to BV. I found Soho to not have a lot of the things I needed, and the shopping cart wasn't friendly - nor was their forum very helpful (in my opinion). So I had to stop everything, take a deep breath and start over.

I'm told that you could use both somehow, but I didn't like the Soho choices for shipping, etc and they were very limited. I then did a lot of searching for shopping carts. I have a merchant account, so that wasn't an issue. Or if you're going to use paypal. Amanda uses Mal's ecommerce - which I considered and is a great program. I decided to go with Cart Manager - which you need a reseller to use - and I found one - and I'm willing to pay their monthly fee for all the options they have.

Again, if you want to build the store with BV, it limits your using Soho, OSCommerce or Zen Cart - as those stores are catalog driven and their formats drive the catalog. Mal's, Paypal and Cart Manager allow you to use BV as is - and add the buy buttons, etc for the products. (And I'm sure there are others - just make sure whoever you use has been around awhile and you feel comfortable with them.)
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

There is an angel - and that angel is called Bethers!!!

Many thanks for the advice - very much appreciated..
          All I need to do now is upload Blue Voda site over the Soho site..

I'm using Paypal so that should be straight forward enough.

Think I'll link to the sub domain and use that as the shopping part with the primary domain as the interface and info...

Just hope it all comes together nicely?!?

can you tell me, does the main page need to be labelled specifically to get it as the home page?

Cheers

Marc
          Marc Sanders

Comment

Hello, My name is Donald Pruitt. I would appreciate it if you can tell me how to link my products page to my tabs on the left. I would really appreciate your help. Also, do you know how to create multiple pages linked to one tab on hte left? Thank you.

Comment

You are not quite clear with what you are asking. Anyway, you must create a menubar, or, in case you have many products in more than one categories, a navigation bar. Please watch the tutorials in
              Fixed Menu Bars, Creating Standard Hyperlinks, Sliding Menu Bars (Drop Down), Creating a Go Menu
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Marc, your main page HAS to be called index to publish in BV - that does not need to be the title - but the name to publish.

Hope that helps.

You also don't need two domains - a separate one for the shopping cart. Just integrate the paypal buttons into the domain you are using.
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

I would just like to add to this thread, I have built a shopping site using bv and put my own shopping cart on it, I use romancart and they are fantastic, think it costs £40 per year, so really cheap too, you get instant replies on the forum and they can build you any type of button that you need. I am thinking of doing a ecommerce site just not sure yet of the one I might be using, not too sure on the soho, but will keep checking it out, i have been wondering if anyone actually has anything built to check out?

Jan

Comment

Jan, I had one partially built on Soho and left them - couldn't get the functions I needed in a shopping cart. Also couldn't get help from them on it. Have a friend who was also trying out Soho - and they wanted almost $1000 US to add something to the shipping module for him - needless to say, he jumped ship also.
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I have navigation bar on the side of my web page. I have multiple pages for one of the navigation tabs. I want to know how do I link all the product pages to one of my navigation bar tabs? For example, the navigation bar on the side is Ford, and I have 3 pages of Ford cars. How do I link all 3 pages of Ford cars to the Ford tab on my index page? Your help would really be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by DRPruitt
                        I have navigation bar on the side of my web page. I have multiple pages for one of the navigation tabs. I want to know how do I link all the product pages to one of my navigation bar tabs? For example, the navigation bar on the side is Ford, and I have 3 pages of Ford cars. How do I link all 3 pages of Ford cars to the Ford tab on my index page? Your help would really be appreciated.
                        You could have three tabs - Ford page 1, Ford page 2 etc....
                        or
                        use drop down menus - Ford then three page choices.

You can't use one tab to go to three different places.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I know, I mean in sequence.

Comment

You link the nenu button to the first Ford page, then, on this page you create a linl (text, button, image, or whatever you want) to link to the second page. Then again from the second to the third and so on
                            Navaldesign
                            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
                              Jan, I had one partially built on Soho and left them - couldn't get the functions I needed in a shopping cart. Also couldn't get help from them on it. Have a friend who was also trying out Soho - and they wanted almost $1000 US to add something to the shipping module for him - needless to say, he jumped ship also.
                              We offer the pro edition of Soho, all modus. are fully included.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                              02036089024 / United Kingdom
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                              X