PDA

View Full Version : Something is Wrong



Bethers
04-24-2006, 01:47 AM
OK, I had all my email addresses set up and working for Moxie Enterprises. Then I added A Child's Palace addresses - set them up - tested them, they worked. I didn't re-test the Moxie Enterprises one. Got an email to another account from a friend that the Moxie Enterprises email didn't work when she just decided to test it. So I went back, and only the new A Child's Palace emails worked. So I sent to the control panel and deleted and re-entered the Moxie Enterprises email addresses. Ok, they now all worked and the A Child's Palace emails quit working. Oh - we're only talking receiving on all of them, by the way.

So, I just decided to start from scratch. I deleted ALL of them out of the cp and out of outlook express. Then, I entered all back into the control panel, then back into OE. Now I can receive from none of them.

I've been using OE and setting up emails with it for 10 years - but I still went back and watched all the tutorials a dozen more times - and I've done everything exactly how it says.

The error code has always been the password being bad.

Oh, up until re-doing them all - ALL of them were always able to send - now none of them send either!!! Do the new accounts/passwords need time in the cp before they will work in OE - or do you have any other ideas?

davidundalicia
04-24-2006, 02:40 AM
Bethers
Have you tried creating a Single new account in OE and playing with the parameters until one existing link to your email works ?

Bethers
04-24-2006, 03:32 AM
David, I had one working, then up to 3 working - then added a 4th and none worked anymore.

However, I don't give up - I just deleted ALL of them again from both cp and OE - and then re-entered everything into the cp. I then rebooted my computer before going to OE - and 5 out of 6 worked. I had an error in one! Whooppeee. I fixed that one and it wouldn't work. I then went and deleted it from OE and from the CP - then re-entered it in the CP - closed OE, re-opened OE, entered it and it worked.

Then I made that one the default email address and it quit working LOL - but I'm getting there.

I'm really not sure why it's being so fussy, but I've got all 6 working as long as I don't default the one, so am quitting with it for the night before I cause any more trouble.

Thanks much for listening - was pulling out my hair.

davidundalicia
04-24-2006, 03:47 AM
glad you made some progress, and good night to you all....

Brad
04-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Check your IP make sure your ISP, did not give you a black listed one.

Bethers
04-25-2006, 02:55 AM
Thanks, Brad - everything is working now - but one of them won't work if I make it the default - I'll not make that the default :) - and will never know what happened!

Bethers
04-28-2006, 04:37 AM
Well, they WERE all working - and I had saved all the messages - one to each in OE - received them all. I also have a couple other accounts whose emails go to OE - those work fine. Then yesterday a forum member mentioned having emailed me - and I hadn't received it. I finally found those emails (and others) by logging in through the web mail.

Any clue as to why outlook works, then doesn't? I made no changes from the previous test when all worked. I really would like to be able to receive these in OE.

Thanks.

Bethers
04-30-2006, 07:11 AM
An update on my email problems. Yesterday, I again deleted out all my email accounts. I then set up 5 new ones, 4 for A Child's Palace and one for Moxie Enterprises. I sent test emails to all and received all of them through Outlook Express. I went to bed. Today I again sent test emails to all - 3 went to Outlook Express, 2 were never received - but I found them (as well as one from a customer) in my webmail.

I realize it is not a Voda problem - but somehow must be something either within my computer, Outlook Express or my ISP. However, I'm not finding the answer from any of them.

Any suggestions?

Bethers
04-30-2006, 07:17 AM
Further update. I just decided to work around the bug. I set forwarders on the 2 accounts not working to accounts that are working - and that worked - at least first try tonight. I'll let you know in the morning if that solved my problem - cuz I can work with that.

VodaHost
04-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Most of the time, the problems like this are due to the ISP, please
contact them and ask them if they have any special requirements
for setting up your email accounts....

navaldesign
04-30-2006, 12:19 PM
The problem with forwarders is, as has happened to me, that if your external email account provider suddenly stops accepting mail forwarding, you will only know 2 - 3 days later, when you will start wondering why you don't receive any mails....

navaldesign
04-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Also, might seem crazy, but I remember a member who changed his OE settings in pop3 and SMTP servers, to be mail.isp.com (isp= your ISP) instead of mail.domainname.com and this worked for him !

Bethers
04-30-2006, 06:01 PM
Well, because I'll be on the road soon - and logging in so many various ways, I've set up the web-mail to keep a copy of all emails. So I'll continue to check the web-mail daily.

Good news - the forwarding has it still working today.

I'm wondering if somehow they are limiting how many accounts I can have from one email address - but they say no. I also tried changing all my passwords so they'd all be different, someone thought having too many the same might have triggered it. All I know, is this is workable if not ideal - as long as webmail does keep my copies until I delete them.